Quick Steps for 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer Setup
- HP officejet 5255 Unboxing setup
- HP officejet 5255 Driver Installation
- HP officejet 5255 Printer Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Functions
HP Officejet 5255 Printing
- Make sure that the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer is connected to the electrical outlet and the computer. Enable the network connection to the same router for both printer and the computer.
- Install the latest version of the printer driver from the website by entering the model of the printer and add the device to the computer under Control Panel option.
- Edit the document and adjust the font, size, and layout before printing. Now click on the File menu and select Print option. Choose Printer Properties for advanced settings.
- Set the landscape of the print, enable the Duplex printing mode, and change the quality and color settings under the Document Properties section. Select OK and tap Print button.
HP Officejet 5255 Copy Setup
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass or locate the documents in the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF). Don’t load the photo in ADF.
- Select Copy, Copy Document or Copy Photo options based on the document type on the control panel of the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and change any basic settings, if necessary.
- Click on the Settings button or touch the gear icon to display advanced copy settings. Set 2-sided Copying, ID copy, Size or Resize or change any settings relevant to the document
- Touch Start or touch Back button to go back to main Copy screen. Select Start Black or Start Color based on the document type and click OK to begin the copy job.
HP Officejet 5255 Scan Setup
- Place the document or photo on the scanner glass. If you more documents place it on the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) and don’t load photos in ADF that causes damage.
- Search for ‘HP’ in Windows computer and select the name of your printer from the list to display the HP Printer Assistant window. Select Scan a Document or Photo to display HP scan.
- Search for ‘Scan’ in Mac computer and select HP Easy Scan option from the list. Open the Scanner drop-down menu and click on the name of your 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer.
- Choose the scan job type in the Presets menu and tap the Scan button. Select Edit option when you want to make changes and click Send button. Click Folder to locate the file and select Save.
How to Setup HP Officejet 5255 Printer
- Remove the printer from the box and detach all the tapes and packing materials around the printer. Peel off the film on the control panel of the printer and grasp the handle on both sides of the printer gently.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and wait until it holds in a position. Detach all the tapes and packing materials inside the printer. Close the cartridge access door and drag out the input tray to remove the packing tape on it. Now close the tray forwards.
- Connect both ends of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the wall the outlet. Turn on the printer and select your preferences such as language, country/region, date and time from the printer’s control panel. Select Yes to affirm your choice to display the welcome screen on the control panel.
- Open the cartridge access door and wait until it holds on a position. Wait for a while till the ink cartridge holder moves to left. Allow the holder to become silent and idle before you install the ink cartridges. Remove one ink cartridge from the package.
- Hold the ink cartridge only in the black plastic area and remove the plastic tape from it. Make sure that you don’t try to replace the plastic tape on the ink heads. Try not to touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Lift the cap on the ink cartridge carriage and insert the ink cartridge facing the nozzles towards the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and press until you hear the click sound. Ensure that you place the ink cartridge by matching the labels on the carriage.
- Install the color ink cartridge on the left side and black ink cartridge on the right side. Close the cap of the ink holder to lock the ink cartridge and repeat the same for the other ink cartridge. Select OK after installing the ink cartridges and close the cartridge access door.
- Drag the input tray door and pull the tray extender. Slide the paper guides to the end on both sides. Load the paper with the print side facing downwards in portrait orientation. Don’t load more than 250 sheets. Secure the stack into the tray and adjust the paper guides.
- Ensure that you don’t push the paper guides too much against the paper to bend or curl. Push the input tray inside the printer and select the Done button on the control panel of the printer. Open the output tray and drag the paper extender outside.
- Click the OK button on the printer’s control panel to begin the alignment process. This action prints an alignment page. Lift the scanner lid and keep the alignment page with the print side facing downwards on the scanner glass.
- Place the document based on the engraved guides around the scanner glass and close the scanner door. Select the Scan option the control panel to align the ink cartridges. Tap the OK button when the printer aligns the ink cartridges and the printer is now ready to print.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver Installation Guidance
Before you do the HP 5255 driver download, connect your printer to the computer and the Internet. Download the latest version of the driver from our website and install the same on the computer. Enter the printer’s model name on our website to download the printer driver. After the download is complete, select the Print option under the Settings menu and select your printer name to add it to the computer.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver Installation in Windows
- Connect the 123.hp.com/officejet 5255 printer to the Windows computer and to the network through wired or wireless network via USB cable. Remove the USB cable and uninstall all the printers from the computer. Reconnect the USB cable to open the prompt window.
- Type the printer model on our website to check the availability of the full-featured printer driver. Select the Software and Driver Downloads button on the download page. Select the file that is compatible with the device to download.
- Click Save button to save the file in the default location. You can also install the driver manually using the CD that is delivered along the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer. Click the Start menu and select the printer name from the displayed list and add the printer to the computer based on the instructions appear on the screen.
HP Officejet 5255 Driver Installation in Mac
- Connect the printer to the Mac computer and to the network using the Ethernet or wireless network. Type the model name of the printer on the website and the printer automatically starts the HP Officejet 5255 Driver download.
- Select the Apple menu on the Mac computer and click the System Preferences option. Go to the Printers & Scanners section and select the Use or Print Using feature. Click on the name of your 123.hp.com/officejet 5255 printer and click the Add button create a new print queue.
- The prompt screen appears on the computer screen to install the printer driver. Click the Download button and then the Install button to start the installation process. Select the setup icon under Wireless Setup Wizard to add the printer when you are using the wireless network.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- HP 5255 ink cartridge replacement is done as soon as the old the ink cartridge attains very low or empty by using the Standard or HP Instant Ink cartridge. Turn on the printer and lift the input tray. Load the plain white paper into the tray.
- Gently grasp the handles on either side of the printer to open the ink cartridge access door and hold until it secures. The ink cartridge carriage moves to the left wait till the carriage becomes silent and idle before the replacement of an ink cartridge.
- Open the lid on the 123.hp.com/oj5255 ink carriage slot and push it back. Lift the old ink cartridge to get release from the slot. Take out the new ink cartridge from the pack and touch only the black plastic area. Peel off the tape on it and make sure not to touch the copper-colored contacts.
- Insert the new ink cartridge into the slot facing towards the 123.hp.com/officejet 5255 printer until it sits in a position. Ensure that you insert the ink cartridge by matching the color on the label. For instance, place the color ink cartridge on the left and black ink cartridge on the right.
- Close the carriage lid to lock the ink cartridge into the slot and repeat the same for the other cartridge also. Close the ink cartridge access door. Now close the ink cartridge access door. The printer is readyto do the print job.
HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting
HP Officejet 5255 Troubleshooting issues are made easy through the solutions described in the user manual. Follow the step-by-step procedure mentioned below. It is very to solve by following the instructions without carrying the printer to the electronics to repair and get back your 123.hp.com/officejet 5255 printer to a good printing condition. These explanations provide you a real-time fix in a world-class solution.
HP Officejet 5255 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Replace the ink cartridge when you get an error message as “Ink Alert” or “Low on Ink” on the computer screen or on the control panel of the printer. This message warns you the status of the ink cartridge is very low.
- Purchase the genuine ink cartridge from our website by selecting your country/region. Follow the instructions that appear on-screen to order a new product. Buy a genuine ink cartridge from other retailers too.
- Whether you buy online or any retailer make sure that you check the compatibility using the website. Verify that you have installed the ink cartridge properly inside the printer, or else the printer arises the ink cartridge error.
- Open the cartridge access door and lift the lid on the cartridge slot. Pull the old ink cartridge to get release from the slot. Take out the newly purchased ink cartridge and hold on its sides. Peel off the plastic tape without touching the ink nozzles.
- Install the new one into the slot and close the lid on the cartridge holder to secure the ink cartridge into the slot. Repeat the same procedure when you want to replace more than one ink cartridge. Close the ink cartridge access and wait for the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer to print the alignment page.
HP Officejet 5255 Windows 10 Upgrade
- When you update the computer to Windows 10 OS, the printer sometimes unable to print or scan. Solve the Windows 10 upgrade issues by following the steps below. First, restart your computer after a Windows 10 update.
- If the problem still continues, check whether the 123.hp.com/officejet 5255 printer has the compatibility with Windows 10 OS. Some printers won’t be able to print or might not be compatible with Windows 10 and this may be the cause of the issue. Check the list of compatibility and find the correct software.
- If the problem is with driver, download and install the latest version of the printer software from the website to avail all the features of the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer by setting up the network and computer connections to the printer.
- After Windows 10 upgrade, the HP Solutions Center might not be working. The application may be missing or unable to open and displays an error message. Perform a System Restore process to solve the issue.
- Make Sure you Download the Latest version of HP Officejet 5255 Driver in your Computer
HP Officejet 5255 ePrint or Airprint Error
- Make sure that whether your printer supports HP ePrint or AirPrint in order to avoid problems during configuration. Check whether the Ethernet connection is perfect.
- When you are using a wireless network, verify the connection between the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and the computer that both are connected to the same network.
- Enable the Web Services for Windows computer to receive the notifications for periodic updates. Wait for at least 5 to 10 minutes in case if it delays in printing the information page.
- Remember, HP ePrint works only via email for printing documents or photos. Make sure that iOS or Mac devices are enabled with AirPrint.
- Check the compatibility of the printer and update the iOS software. Usually, the Wi-Fi printer takes several minutes to initiate a print after it is turned on.
- If the problem still persists after performing all the preceding steps, it is better to service the printer.
- Make Sure you download and install the latest version of HP Officejet 5255 Printer Driver for Proper Functioning of the printer
Fix HP Officejet 5255 Paper Jam & Cartridge Jam
- Check the input tray area and the cartridge access area for jammed paper. Select OK to clear the paper jam automatically. Open the output tray and pull the extender. Use both hands to remove the paper.
- Check whether there are any remains of the torn paper in the paper roller or anywhere inside the printer using the flashlight. Ensure that carriage moves freely. If not, check for a paper jam that obstructs the ink cartridge carriage.
- Make use of an automated tool called Clean Page Smears in the Tools section under Setup option to clean the ink smears. Clean the paper feed rollers to avoid dust, paper fiber, and other debris to avoid paper jams.
- Open the ink cartridge door and release the handle to remove the ink cartridges. Again reinstall the ink cartridges into the slot and close the carriage lid to secure the ink cartridges. Close the cartridge access door.
- Remove the power cord from the power strips and plug the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer directly into the electrical outlet to have a perfect power source function. If not, reset the printer to solve paper jams and ink cartridge jam.
Fix HP Officejet 5255 Corrupted or Outdated Driver
- The blue-screen error indicates the issue is related to the corrupted and outdated print drivers. This kind of error affects the compatibility and the performance.
- To resolve this issue, uninstall the corrupted version of the driver from your computer. Go to the Control Panel, select Device Manager and click Uninstall option to remove the driver.
- If the printer is connected via USB cable, remove the cable and search for Programs and Features in Windows computer. Select the name of your 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and click Uninstall to remove the driver.
- If the problem still continues, select Devices and Printers from the Control Panel. Right-click on the name of the printer and select Remove Device to remove the printer from the computer.
- Download the updated version of the printer driver from our website. Or, reinstall the current version to replace the old driver software.
HP Officejet 5255 Printing Slow
- Slow printing error occurs due to different reasons. Check whether you have enabled the Duplex Printing mode option.
- Remember, there is no difference in the printing speed for wireless or direct connection to the Internet.
- The speed of the printing is completely dependent upon the time taken to send the files to the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer.
- When everything is perfect, then the problem is with the printer driver for slow printing.
- Check the website for availability of the updated version of the printer driver and download it.
- Moreover, the printer takes time to print the PDF files and graphics because of the high volume of data against the normal mode.
- Make Sure you download the latest version of officejet 5255 Printer Driver in your computer
- If the Issue still Persists, Service the Printer
HP Officejet 5255 Picks up Multiple Paper
- Check the quality of the loaded paper meets the specifications. Remove the paper from the input tray and check the condition of the paper.
- Ensure that you load the paper of same type and size below the marked level and align the edges. Insert the stack to the end and push the guides towards the paper.
- If the problem still persists, try to clean the paper rollers. Switch off the printer and remove the power from the printer. Open the rear access door.
- Look for the jammed paper inside the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer using the flashlight. Take off all the paper traces that is found inside. Take a lint-free cloth that is moistened using distilled or bottled water.
- Clean the rubber paper-feed rollers all the way around using the moistened cloth and clean the paper pick roller using the moistened cotton swab.
- Give light pressure to wipe off all the debris and ensure that rollers on both rear access and the duplexer are clean enough. If not, replace with the new one.
- Let the rollers to dry finely and replace inside the rear duplexer and slightly push to hear a click sound. Connect the power cord at the rear of the printer.
HP Officejet 5255 Paper Mismatch Error
- Check the settings of the paper size/source and make appropriate changes for the paper under the File menu. Click the Print option and open the Printer Properties section.
- Make the necessary changes under the Paper\Quality tab. Select OK after completing and try to take a print. If the error still continues, try to reset the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer.
- When the paper mismatch error occurs in AirPrint, update the printer the driver to the latest version. Click on the Apple menu and select System Preferences.
- Open the Printers & Scanners section and select the name of the printer to delete the device from the computer. Again click the plus symbol to add the printer to the computer.
- Select the Use or Print Using box and click on the printer model name in the pop-up menu. Tap the Add button and restart the Mac computer.
- Reset the Printer before starting the Printing Operation
- If the Issue Still Persists,update the firmware by following these simple instructions from our website or try to Service the Printer
HP Officejet 5255 Printer Driver not Installed Properly
- This type of error occurs when the installer fails to detect the printer after installing the printer driver.
- To solve the issue regarding the HP Officejet 5255 printer driver, restart the computer (either Windows or Mac), printer, and the router.
- Temporarily detach all the connections and reconnect it again after some time.
- Now check the status of the printer and the network connection. Confirm that the connections are perfect.
- It can be done through the wired or wireless network connection and ensure that you don’t connect it to a guest or host network.
- Verify the wireless network you have connected is correct and disable the Airplane mode when it is kept on.
- Run the application called HP Print and Scan Doctor to perform troubleshooting tasks automatically.
- Open the Network section and disable the Firewall software temporarily on the computer.
- Remove the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer software from the system and reinstall the updated version of the software from the website.
HP Officejet 5255 Offline
- When the printer is missing on the computer, check the connection of your printer, computer, and router.
- If the printer is connected to the computer via USB cable, swap the USB connection to the other port to rule out the hardware issue.
- Sometimes, the computer hangs when you fail to update the printer driver. Check the website for updates and download it.
- Try to connect the printer to the other computer and check whether the issue repeats.
- If the problem still persists, the printer is damaged and it has to be replaced.
- If the problem is with the computer, the USB port is damaged and you need to service< .strong> the computer.
- Make sure you always connect the printer to the wall outlet and not to the UPS because it uses more power while printing.
- Else, turn off the printer and remove the power cord to delete the current print job.
- Search for Services in the Windows computer and type .msc in the Run dialog box.
- Select OK and click Print Spooler. Right-click on it and click the Stop button.
- Close the window and delete all the files in the printer folder. Shutdown the computer and detach all the connections.
- Restart the computer and 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer after 60 seconds and resume the printing job.