123 HP Officejet 6812 Fax Functions
Send a fax
You can send a fax in different ways. Using the 123 HP officejet 6812 printer control panel, you can send a black-and-white or color fax. You can also send a fax manually from an attached mobile devices. This allows you to speak with the recipient before you send the fax.
Send a standard fax
To send a standard fax from the 123 HP officejet 6812 printer control panel
- Load your original print side downward on the right front corner of the glass or print side upward in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Select Fax. Enter the fax number by using the keypad.
- Select Start Black or Start Color.
- If the HP officejet 6812 printer detects an original loaded in the automatic document feeder, it sends the document to the number you entered.
To schedule a fax from the 123 HP Officejet 6812 printer control panel
- Load your originals. Select Fax, and then click Fax Options or Fax Settings.
- Click Send Fax Later. Enter the send time by using the numeric keypad, click Am or PM, and then click done.
- Enter the fax number by using the keypad, click speed dial, or click call history to select a previously dialed or received number.
- Select Start Fax. The HP officejet 6812 printer scans all pages and the scheduled time appear on the display.
- The fax is sent at the scheduled time.
To cancel a scheduled fax
- Select the Send fax later message on the display or Select Fax, and then click Fax options or Fax settings.
- Select Cancel Scheduled Fax.
Send a fax to multiple recipients
You can send a fax to multiple recipients at once by grouping the individual speed dial entries into group speed dial entries.
To send a fax to multiple recipients using group speed dial
- Load your original documents.
- Select Fax, click speed dial and then select the recipient’s group.
- Click Start Black.
- If the HP officejet 6812 printer detects an original loaded in the ADF, it sends the document to each number in the group speed dial entry.
To change the ECM (Error Correction Mode) setting from the control panel
- From the Home Screen, press right arrow and then click Setup.
- Select Fax setup and then click Advanced Fax Setup.
- Click Error Correction Mode.
- Select On or Off.
Receive a fax
You can receive faxes automatically or manually. If you switch off the Auto Answer option, you must receive faxes manually. If you switch on the Auto Answer option, the HP officejet 6812 printer automatically answers incoming calls and receives faxes after the number of rings that are specified by the Rings to answer setting.
If you receive a Legal-size or larger fax and the HP printer is not currently set to use Legal-size paper, the HP printer reduces the fax so that it fits on the paper that is loaded. If you have disabled the Automatic Reduction feature, the 123 HP officejet 6812 printer prints the fax on two pages.
To receive a fax manually
- Ensure the HP officejet 6812 printer is turned on and you have properly loaded in the main tray.
- Remove any originals from the document feeder tray.
- Set the Rings to answer setting to a high number to allow you to answer the incoming call before the HP printer answers. Or switch off the Auto Answer setting so that the HP printer does not automatically answer incoming calls.
- If you are currently on the mobile device with the sender, instruct the sender to click start on their respective fax machine.
- When you hear fax tones from a sending fax machine, do the following:
- Select fax, and then click Start Black or Start Color.
- After the HP printer begins to receive the fax, you can hang up the mobile device or remain on the line. The mobile device line is silent during fax transmission.
To set backup fax from the 123 HP Officejet 6812 printer control panel
- Press right arrow and then click Setup.
- Click Fax Setup, and then select Advanced Fax Setup.
- Select Backup Fax Reception. Select On, on error only, or off.
To reprint faxes in memory from the 123 HP Officejet 6812 printer control panel
- Ensure you have paper loaded in the main tray.
- Press right arrow and then click Setup.
- Click Tools or Fax Tools, and then select Reprint Faxes in Memory.
- The faxes are printed in the reverse order from which they were received with the most recently received faxes in memory, select cancel option.
To forward faxes from the 123 HP Officejet 6812 printer control panel
- Select Setup. Select Fax Settings or Fax Setup, and then select Advanced Fax Setup.
- Select Fax Forwarding.
- Select On to print and forward the fax, or select On to forward the fax.
- Enter the number of the fax machine intended to receive the forward faxes, and then select done.
- Enter the necessary information for each of the following: start time, start date, end time, and end date.
- Fax forwarding is activated. Select Ok to confirm.