HP Deskjet 2600 print setup
The HP Deskjet 2600 is a reliable thermal inkjet printer that can perform high-end printing and scanning. The printer also supports mobile printing services such as Apple AirPrint and HP ePrint. The resolution of printing is about 4800×1200 dpi. You can perform manual duplexing on the printer with suitable settings on the printer driver.
The HP Deskjet 2600 printer uses the Contact Image Sensor technology to perform scanning at a resolution of up to 1200×1200 dpi. The maximum flatbed scan size of the printer is about 216×297 mm. The JPEG, TIFF, PDF, BMP, and PNG are the scan file formats supported on the printer.
How to install HP Deskjet 2600 printer?
- Take the printer out from the packaging box. Check if all the printer accessories are present in the box.
- Place the printer on a flat surface. Remove all the tapes and safety materials from the outside of the printer.
- Reach the inside of the printer by lowering the output tray. Now, using the handles provided on the sides of the printer, lower the access door.
- Check and remove all the safety materials and tapes from inside the printer.
- Unwrap the power cord supplied along with the printer.
- Insert the power cord’s one end into the rear port of the printer and the other end to a nearby electrical wall outlet.
- Find the Power button on the control panel of the printer, and press it to power up the printer.
- Get the new setup ink cartridges delivered along with the printer, and without touching the nozzles or contacts, unwrap them.
- Lower the access door, and let the carriage move to the center and halt there.
- Push the new cartridges into their respective slots. The contacts of the cartridges should face the printer.
- Close the access door and then the output tray.
- Raise the input tray from the printer, slide out the paper width guides, and place some plain sheets.
- Adjust the guides, and lower the output tray. Draw the extender out. The printer will print a calibration page.
- Scan the page to align the cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2600 driver download
HP Deskjet 2600 driver download
- Keep the Deskjet 2600 printer in the ready state. Do not connect the computer and printer before installing the driver.
- Open the manufacturer’s site and go to the support site. Enter your printer model, and select your operating system.
- When you are directed to the Let’s identify your product to get started page, click Printer.
- Type your printer model, and choose Submit.
- In the software results page that opens, click Driver and choose a full feature software package for the printer.
- Click Download against the chosen driver.
- Wait while the driver is being downloaded.
install HP Deskjet 2600 driver
- If you are using the installation CD, you can directly run the setup files after inserting the CD into the computer’s hard drive.
- If you have downloaded the file, open the downloads folder on your computer.
- Locate the .exe ( for Windows OS) or .dmg (Mac OS) file.
- Double-click the file to begin the installation of the driver.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the installer to continue with the installation.
- Choose either Home or Business when prompted to select the purpose of installation.
- Enter the postal code, and choose a suitable connection type.
- Click Finish in the final prompt screen to complete the setup.
HP Deskjet 2600 wireless setup
- Power on the Deskjet 2600 printer, router, and computer.
- Check if the computer and printer are connected to your wireless network.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site, and click Download against HP Easy Start.
- Click the My Printer is not Shown option when a prompt appears asking you to select the printer.
- Select the continue option in the next screen that appears, and then click the Wireless network option.
- Click the Continue option. You will be instructed to set up the printer on a network. Tap the Wireless icon on the control panel and select Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Choose your network’s name from the list of available networks. Provide the WEP/WPA key of the network if prompted, and wait until the printer connects to the network.
- Keep following the prompts on your computer screen until the installation is complete.
HP Deskjet 2600 wireless direct
- Power on your Deskjet 2600 printer, and wait until it is idle.
- Find the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the control panel and tap it.
- Tap the Settings (gear) icon on the next screen, and enable Wi-Fi Direct.
- Connecting the printer to a computer:
- If your computer is running on the Windows 10 OS, click Settings and then select Printers and Scanners.
- If you have the Windows 8.1 OS, select Devices from the Charms menu.
- Select the Add a Printer and scanner option, and choose Show Wi-Fi Direct printers.
- From the list of printers displayed, select the printer with the name DIRECT.
- Now go to the printer and confirm that it is in the ready state.
- Now, return to the computer, and click Add device. If you receive a prompt to enter the WPS PIN, go to the printer and note the 8-digit PIN displayed on the control panel.
- Enter the PIN in the required field on your computer.
- If you have a Windows 7 computer, Locate the Wireless icon on your taskbar and click it.
- Choose the printer with DIRECT mentioned in its name. The computer will connect to the printer.
- Open an item for printing on your computer, and click the File menu.
- Select the Print option, choose the Deskjet 2600 printer, and click Print again.
HP Deskjet 2600 ink cartridge
The HP Deskjet 2600 printer has two slots, one for the black cartridge and the other one for tri-color cartridge. Always prefer only the genuine ink cartridges as third-party cartridges may result in quality and technical issues. Keep reading for detailed instructions for replacing and refilling the ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2600 ink replacement
- Power up the Deskjet printer and wait until it becomes.
- Lower the paper output tray, and bring the cartridge access door down.
- Give a light press on the ink cartridge that you want to replace, and take it out from the cartridge.
- Unpack the replacement cartridge, and peel off the tapes on it without touching the contacts or nozzles.
- Fix the replacement cartridge into the empty slot. Repeat the same steps for replacing the other ink cartridge if required.
- Close the access door. The printer prints an alignment page.
- Mount the alignment page on the scanner glass.
- Press the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button. The printer will align the installed cartridges.
HP Deskjet 2600 ink refill
- Switch on the printer, and wait until it makes no noise.
- Locate the ink drop icon on the control panel, and tap it.
- Check the ink level and identify the cartridge to be refilled.
- Raise the cartridge access door. Let the carriage move to the center and stop there.
- Get an ink refill bottle, and fill the ink into a syringe.
- Locate and pierce the refill holes beneath the cartridge using a needle or toothpick.
- Fill the ink from the syringe into the cartridge via the hole. Wipe off any excess ink using a tissue.
- Seal the holes using a tape.
- Reinsert the cartridge into the empty slot, and close the access door.
- The printer aligns the cartridges and then prints a calibration page.
HP Deskjet 2600 mobile printing
The HP Deskjet 2600 printer supports mobile printing services such as Apple AirPrint, HP ePrint and Wi-Fi. These services enable easy access to the printer from any mobile device connected to the Internet. Keep reading to know how to set up and use these mobile printing services.
HP Deskjet 2600 connect to computer
- Power up the Deskjet 2600 printer. Check if you have installed the cartridges.
- Raise the input tray and insert some plain sheets into it. The next step is installing the driver for the printer.
- If the printer and your computer are already connected using a USB cable, remove the cable. Delete the Deskjet 2600 printer from the Devices and Printers folder on your computer .
- Click the Driver Download link provided on the page.
- Extract the files to a storage location on your computer, and run the setup files.
- Agree to the terms and conditions of the installer. Choose the purpose of installation if prompted.
- Select the USB connection type and connect the printer to your computer using a USB cable, when prompted.
- Once the connection is established, try printing a document for verifying the setup.
HP Deskjet 2600 troubleshooting
- Make sure you have loaded only genuine ink cartridges. Use of third-party ink cartridges may result in print quality issues.
- Tap the ink drop icon and check the estimated ink levels.
- Replace the cartridge that is low on ink. Secure the cartridges properly into the slots.
- Use only the print media recommended by the manufacturer. Try to print.
- If you are not able to print, power on the printer and plug out the power cord.
- Remove the cord from the electrical outlet. Reconnect the cord to the printer.
- If the printer does not automatically power up, turn it on manually.
- Remove and reinstall the printer driver if the issue remains unresolved.
- Restart the printer and your computer to restore the connection between them.
- If the issue persists, disconnect the USB cable from the printer, and examine it.
- If the cable is damaged or worn out, try connecting a new cable. If you are unable to scan, reset the Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Settings and Dependencies. Make sure the status is set to automatic.
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor software on your Windows OS, if you are unable to scan.
- Launch the software, click Start, and select the Deskjet 2600 printer. Click the Fix Scanning option.
- Keep following the prompts of the software to resolve the problem.
- If the above steps did not help, check the scan bar functionality.
- Remove any document on the scanner glass, and keep the scan cover slightly raised.
- Tap the Scan icon, and check if the light moves.
- Try to scan a document or photo. Uninstall the printer driver from your computer and reinstall the updated version if you are not able to scan.
- Power on the Deskjet 2600 printer, and wait until the initialization is complete.
- Plug out the power cord from the rear port of the printer, and remove it from the electrical outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet and then to the printer after a minute.
- Power up the printer manually if the printer does not turn on automatically.
- Check if the lights have stopped blinking. If the issue persists, remove the cartridges from their slots, and examine them.
- Clean the contacts and the area around the nozzles of the cartridges and the slots.
- Re-insert the cartridges into their respective slots. Check if they are held firmly.
- If the problem persists, try updating the printer firmware. Download the updates from the manufacturer’s site.
- Turn on the Deskjet 2600 printer, and plug out the power cord from it.
- Disconnect the cord from the electrical wall outlet as well.
- Wait for about 60 seconds, and reconnect the cord to the outlet.
- Connect the other end of the cord back to the printer’s rear port, and turn on the printer manually.
- If you have a Mac computer, you can reset the printer from the Mac OS.
- Click the Apple menu, and open the System Preferences window.
- Select the Printers and Scanners option.
- Right-click the printer’s name and select the Reset printing system option.
- When prompted to confirm, select Reset again.
- Provide your administrator credentials if asked for.
- Finally, click OK. Wait for the reset process to complete.
- Re-add the printer by clicking the Add button .
- Make sure the printer and your computer are connected to an active Internet connection.
- Go to the manufacturer’s site, and go to the manufacturer’s website.
- Type the printer model and select Submit in the Let’s identify your product to get started page.
- Select Firmware, and click Download.
- Save the file to your computer. Locate and open the file to begin the installation process.
- On the HP Printer Update window that opens, select the checkbox next to the printer model, and click Update.
- Click OK once the update completes. If your computer runs on Mac OS, select the [Printer_name].dmg file, and double-click the HP Firmware Updater.
- Select Continue. If you see the Printer is ready to reflashed alert, click Continue to update the firmware. Once the update is complete, click Done.