123 HP ENVY 4510 INK CARTRIDGE ERROR
An error message may sometimes be displayed during a print job after the print cartridge has been installed. The error message displayed may be similar or identical to the ones mentioned below based on the 123 hp envy 4510 printer model. These are some commonly displayed error messages with respect to ink cartridges. Given below is a general guideline to resolve cartridge errors.
- Incompatible ink cartridge
- Ink cartridge failure
- Print cartridge missing
- Incorrectly installed print cartridge
Restart Your Printer
Reset your printer by detaching the power cord from the printer socket without turning off the power. Wait for some time and restart your printer.
Check 123 HP Envy 4510 Ink Cartridges
- Ensure that both the cartridges have been properly installed.
- Identify which cartridge has a problem by checking on which cartridge status light is blinking.
- If the problem causing cartridge is not identifiable,
- Take away both cartridges and depending upon the error message displayed replace the problem cartridge.
- Confirm that the cartridge in use is compatible with your printer.
- After ensuring that the carriage latch is down, remove the cartridge by pressing gently on the end.
Clean Your 123 HP Setup Envy 4510 Printer Cartridge:
- Clean the contact edges of your cartridge gently to remove excess ink or dirt build up using a soft, lint-free cloth.
- Make sure that the cartridge is not exposed to air for more than ten minutes and that the printer is not switched off without the cartridge inside.
- Slide the cartridge back into the empty ink slot to replace. Push your ink cartridge up until it clicks into place.
- If the problem persists consider replacing your cartridge.
- A defective ink cartridge can be covered under warranty, check the warranty of your product.
Check if the print quality error is because of incompatible ink or if the cartridge was refilled. Using ink manufactured by other companies may not be supported by your HP printer. Some issues caused by incompatible ink or refilled cartridges are listed below.
- Cartridges are refilled by drilling a hole and filling the cartridge with ink. This may sometimes cause ink to run during a print causing smeared prints.
- For a cartridge to be refilled, the vent will have to be opened hence leaving a passage for air to enter the cartridge.This causes ink to dry up and accumulate on the nozzle.
- Using incompatible ink may cause print issues because of color matching problems. Your HP product may fail to recognize the refilled ink cartridges.
- The refilled cartridge may be altered dimensionally and will get stuck. This requires a re-assembly of your cartridge.
Clean The Electrical Contacts
- Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Disconnect the USB cable, if the 123 hp/envy 4510 setup printer is connected to your computer with a USB connection.
- Pull up on the ink cartridge to remove from its slot.
- Lightly moisten cloth with distilled water, and then squeeze the excess water from it.
- Clean the copper-colored contacts on the cartridge.
- Use the swab or cloth to clean the electrical contacts in the carriage.
- Allow the carriage contacts to dry for about 10 minutes.
- Insert the cartridge. Close the lid
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the 123 hp setup envy 4510 printer.
- Reconnect the USB cable, if the printer is connected to your computer with a USB connection.
- Press the Power button to turn on the HP Envy 4510 printer.
- Remove and reinsert the cartridges again
- Clean the cartridge contacts again
- Restart the 123 hp/envy 4510 setup printer
Identify The Cartridge To Replace
- You will have to open the ink cartridge access door. Check the black cartridge at its slot
- Lift up the cartridge lid to release the black cartridge which is located on the right side of the carriage. Close the cartridge door. Close the scanner lid.
- If the error message is still displayed on the 123 hp setup envy 4510 printer control panel, reinsert the black cartridge, and then proceed to check the tri- color cartridge. If the error message does not display on the HP Envy printer control panel, you can replace the black cartridge.
- Now, check the tri- color ink cartridge.Lift up the cartridge lid to release the tri-color cartridge which is usually located on the left side of the carriage.
- Close the cartridge door.
- If the error message is still displayed on the HP printer control panel, replace the black and the tri-color cartridges.
- If the error message does not display on the HP printer control panel, you can replace the tri-color cartridge.
- Load paper. Replace the cartridge. Service the 123 HP Envy 4510 printer. Service or replace your HP product if you have done all the preceding solutions.