123 HP ENVY 5530 WINDOWS 10 UPGRADE
- To diagnose the printing issues, you can also download and run HP print and scan doctor tool. Once you are done with the installation process, click on your HP Envy 5530 printer and click next. The print cleared the test, if you see a tick mark in the results screen.
- Now, click fix printing. HP print and scan doctor results will be displayed.If you notice an exclamation mark on the screen, it means the test has been failed. Next, Click test print or click skip.
- You will have to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the printing issues when you find an X symbol. You can try the next step if the above step fails to solve the printing issue. Under network tab, Click network and select troubleshoot firewalls.
- Click any firewall software that is available on your system which has an Enabled status, then click Disable
- To ensure if the print spooler device is enabled
- Follow the below instructions.
- Type View local services in the search windows bar.
- Click View local services in the list of options.
- Do place print spooler in that list
- If the status is blank, you can right click on the Print spooler and click Start
- If the status is running, then right click on the Print spooler and the click Restart
- Start printing, if you still cannot print then proceed with the next step
- Try uninstalling the HP Envy 5530 Printer software & driver and reinstall your HP printer driver & software
- Connect your HP Envy 5530 printer with the USB cable
- Restart your computer and the HP Envy 5530 printer.
123 HP Envy 5530 Printing after Windows 10 upgrade
Confirming That All Windows Updates Are Installed
- Windows should be searched for change device installation and the click on the Change device installation settings when the list of results get displayed.
- Choose Yes under the Device installation settings window.
- Search for updates in Windows. In the list of results displayed, check for updates. Click on Check for updates
- If the updates are available, wait to get them installed and then restart the computer. Try to print now, if the printer prints, then the issue is solved.
- If the computer is up to date and still you are unable to print, then proceed as per the next step.
Using HP envy 5530 Print and Scan Doctor to check for printing and firewall problems
HP provides software called the Print & Scan doctor to troubleshoot and resolve scanning and printing issues. You may get this software and run it to rectify your problems. You will be required to download HP Print and Scan Doctor for this step.
- Once the Print and Scan Doctor is installed and opened, click on the name of your printer. Then Next should be clicked.
- Click on Fix Printing. Check the list of actionable results under the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen,
- If a check mark is seen, then it means that the envy 5530 printer has passed the test. Click on Skip or Test Print.
- If an exclamation point is seen, then it means that the test failed and requires further user action, but the test was skipped. Click on Skip or Test Print.
- If an X is seen, then proceed as per the instructions given below to solve the issue.
- Try printing again. If you are still unable to print, then proceed as per the steps given below.
- Click on Network and then click on Troubleshoot Firewalls.
- Click the firewall software that you are using and if it is Enabled status, then click on Disable.
- If you are able to print, then check with your firewall vendor’s support website for the procedure to add the hp envy 5530 printer as an exception for allowing communication with the printer.
- If you are unable to print, then it is likely that the firewall software is not the cause of the issue. Proceed to the next step.
Making Sure That The Print Spooler Service Is Running
- Locate view local services within Windows by doing a search.
- Click on View local services Control panel setting. The service window will open. Find Print Spooler.
- If the Status is seen to be blank, then right click on Print Spooler, then click on Start
- If the status is shown as Running, then right click on Print Spooler, then click on Restart
- Try printing again. If you are still unable to print, then proceed as per the steps below.
Checking The HP Envy 5530 Printer Status
- Locate printers within Windows by doing a search.
- Click on Printers & scanners System settings.
- To enable Windows 10 to manage your default printer, ensure that the Let Windows manage my default printer setting is on.
- Click on HP Envy 5530 Printer and click on Manage to see the status of the printer.
- On clicking Manage, you can also access additional printer properties, troubleshooting and preferences features.