Functions of HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup
This HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup enables you to send and receive faxes containing images and text including color faxes. You can also schedule faxes and can set up speed-dials which will allow you to send faxes quickly to the numbers that are frequently used. You can also enhance the fax feature by setting a number of fax options, such as fax resolution, the contrast of the faxes etc.
Send A Fax in Envy 5642 Printer
- Using the display panel of your HP Envy 5642 printer, you can send a black-and-white fax including color fax.
- You can also send a fax manually from a phone attached with the HP Envy 5642 Printer.
- This will allow you to speak with the recipient before sending the fax.
Send Envy 5642 Fax from Control Panel
- To send a standard fax, place the original document print-side down on the scanner glass or you can place the document print-side up in the Automatic Document Feeder.
- Navigate through the display panel of your HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup by using Up and Down buttons to choose Fax command, and then press OK.
- After the above process, you will have to choose Black Fax or Color Fax to select the color of your fax.
- If the document is loaded in the Automatic Document Feeder, then it is sent to the number that you enter. If you fail to load the document in the automatic document feeder, then the HP Envy 5642 printer prompts you to make a selection leaving an alert message on the display panel of your HP Printer.
- Enter the fax number by making use of the keypad on the HP Envy 5642 printer, and then press OK.
Send Envy 5642 Fax from Computer
- You have to open any document on your computer. Click Print which is located on the file menu.
- Select the name of your printer as HP Envy 5642, from the Name list.
- If you want to make any changes to the HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup settings such as black fax or a color fax, go to Properties or Options that opens up the Properties dialog box.
- After making the necessary changes in the settings, click Print or click OK.
- After clicking on the print button, you can enter your fax number and any other related information for the recipient and then finally click Send Fax.
- The HP Envy 5642 printer will start to fax the document by dialing the fax number.
How To Block Unwanted Fax Numbers in 123 HP Envy 5642 printer?
You can add unwanted fax numbers to the junk list, and control whose and control the fax you receive on your HP Envy 5642. When you receive a call, the HP Envy 5642 printer compares the number with the junk fax list and blocks it if the number matches.
- Scroll through the options on the HP Envy 5642 printer’s control panel display, and tap on Setup.
- Choose Fax Setup, and then choose Basic Fax Setup.
- Tap on Junk Fax Blocker Setup. A message box appears, asking you to enter Caller ID. Touch OK.
- Tap on Add Numbers option.
- Select Enter New Number to enter the fax number manually, or touch Select from Caller ID History to choose any number from the caller ID list.
- Click on Done, and then tap on OK.
Troubleshoot when ‘Phone Cord Connected To The Correct Port On HP 5642 Fax’ Test Fails
In HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup, Use the phone cord that HP has provided and connect it to the correct port. Sometimes, the telephone jack of other companies may not be able to send or receive faxes. Make sure you do not use a phone splitter to connect your cord into the telephone jack. Always connect the printer directly to the telephone jack.
Steps to connect cord to the telephone jack
- Take out the phone cord that came with the HP printer.
- Connect one end of the cord to the telephone wall jack.
- Connect the other to the outlet labeled 1-LINE, at the back of the HP envy 5642 printer. Run the fax test until the printer is ready for faxing.
- Try to send and receive test fax. NOTE: Do not plug the telephone cord into the port labeled 2-EXT.
- This port is exclusively used to connect other equipment, such as the answering machine.
When Your HP Envy 5642 Printer Can’t Send Faxes But Can Receive Them
- If your HP Envy 5642 printer is dialing the fax number too fast, then you may not be able to send the fax.
- In this case, try inserting hyphens in the number sequence, at the appropriate place. For example, if your number is 78648932, enter it as 7-864-8932 in the dial pad. To enter hyphen, tap the asterix(*) symbol repeatedly until a hyphen appears on the display.
- Users can also type the fax number using monitor dialing. By doing this, you can listen to the phone line, and dial as you continue the conversation.
- You can also set the pace of your dialing. Make sure that you enter the fax number in a proper format. If it is not in the prescribed format, the fax might not be delivered.
- To check if your receiving machine has any problem, call the fax number from a telephone to listen to the fax tone.
- If you do not hear the fax tone, it means the receiving machine is not switched on, or connected in HP Envy 5642 Fax Setup