Installation of HP Envy 5642 Wireless Direct Setup
How To Install And Set Up Envy 5642 Wireless Direct Setup
- In HP Envy 5642 Wireless Direct Setup, Insert the software CD into the CD drive to start the installation program.
- Once the CD is inserted, run the program.
- To complete the installation setup, follow the further instructions.
- For Windows: Click Network on the control panel, and go along with the instructions.
- For MAC OS: Double-click on HP Installer icon.
- If prompted, enter the network name and the security password for your HP Officejet Pro 8740 printer.You can get the WPA key or WEP password which can be obtained from your network administrator.
Install HP 5642 Wireless Direct with Router
- At first, you will need to select settings from the control panel of your HP Envy 5642 Printer.
- From the settings menu, you will need to search for wireless direct support.
- Go to the wireless settings menu to check whether your HP Envy 5642 Wireless Direct Printer supports wireless direct printing. If you don’t find Wi-Fi direct support option in the wireless settings menu.
- Then you can confirm that your printer does not support wireless direct printing
- Turn on HP 5642 wireless direct from your Printer to initiate the wireless direct printing process.
- Then you will have to enable your Wi-Fi settings. Turn on Wi-Fi and search for wireless networks using your mobile device.
- Select the required printer from your mobile device, which will be displayed as HP-Print-Envy 5642.
Install HP 5642 Wireless Direct without Router
- From the Home screen of your HP Envy 5642 Printer display, select Wireless Direct. In the Wireless Direct menu of your HP Officejet Pro 6230 Printer, select Wireless Direct, and then press OK.
- Using the buttons to the right, select On without Security, and then press OK.
- You can select the option that will enable security if you would prefer to use HP Envy 5642 Wireless Direct with greater security and if the computer or mobile device supports WPA2 encryption.
- With security enabled, only users with the password can connect wirelessly to the HP Envy 5642 printer.
- Without enabling security, anyone can connect to the HP Printer with a wireless device within the wireless range of the printer. Press the button next to Display Name to display the wireless direct name
- If you have enabled security, press the button which is right next to Display Password to display the wireless direct password.
HP Envy 5642 Wireless Setup in Windows
You should have the following item before you install the printer on the wireless network. Required network setup item.
- Network name (SSID)
- Network security password (WEP key)
- Computer that is connected to the wireless network.
- Wireless cable printer: Place it closer to the printer during installation. Switch ON the printer, router, and the computer.
- Computer and the printer should connect to the same wireless network. Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
Connect to the wireless network
From the printer control panel, select the right arrow to display the second navigation screen. Select the setup icon.
Connect to Envy 5642 Wireless Network
From the printer control panel, select the right arrow to display the second navigation screen. Select the HP Officejet Pro 6230 Wireless Direct setup icon.
- Go to network, select wireless setup wizard and then click continue.
- Select the name of your network from the list of available network, then click ok.
- If required select the method to identify the printer model, and then move to the download page to download the full feature driver software.
- If the list does not contain your network name, select enter new network name, then follow the instruction to enter the new name. If required provide the WEP key.
HP Envy 5642 Software Installation
- Switch ON the printer.
- If the printer is connected with the USB cable or Ethernet cable, disconnect the USB cable or the Ethernet cable from the printer. Install the driver software in HP Envy 5642 Wireless Direct Setup.