HP Envy 6255 print setup
- Power on the Envy 6255 printer, and let it complete its warm-up period.
- Pull the input tray out and slide out the guides. Load enough paper and then adjust the guides accordingly.
- Push the tray back into the printer.
- Open the document you want to print using a suitable application.
- Click File on the application, and select Print. Select Preferences to access the print settings.
- Choose an appropriate orientation, color, size, etc. Make sure all the other printing parameters are as per your requirement.
- Preview the document, and make any final changes to it. Click Print.
- The printer will receive the print job and print the document.
HP Envy 6255 Printer Functions
HP Envy 6255 is a photo printer having built-in dual-band Wi-Fi using which you can connect the printer to any Wi-Fi-enabled devices. Various types of print media of different sizes are supported on the printer. The high print and scan resolutions of the printer provide quality output. Keep reading to know how to set up the Envy 6255 printer.
The printer uses CIS technology to perform scanning at a resolution of 1200 dixels per inch. The maximum scan size from the flatbed scanner is about 8.5×11.6 inches. You can use the HP Easy Scan or the HP Scan software for scanning documents from your Mac or Windows computer respectively.
How to set up HP Envy 6255 printer?
- Take the printer out from the carton, and place it on preferably a flat surface.
- Clear all the packaging material from the printer.
- Raise the scanner lid and remove the cover on the packing glass.
- Lift the access door using the handles provided on the sides of the printer.
- Take any packaging material out from the access area.
- Enabling power supply to the printer:
- Connect the printer to a nearby power source using the power cord supplied along with the printer.
- Power up the printer, and set your preferences including the date, time and language on the control panel.
- Lift the access door, and wait until the carriage to halt at the access area.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridges by holding only the black plastic. Peel off the yellow tapes from the cartridges.
- Slide the color cartridge into the left slot and the black cartridge into the right slot.
- Lower the access door.
- Draw the input tray out and remove the output tray. Push the photo tray into the printer.
- Slide the paper width guides out to the extreme ends, and place enough paper in the tray.
- Slide in the guides till the edges of the paper. Fix the output tray and then push the input tray back into the printer.
Aligning the cartridges
- The printer begins its initialization process, aligns the cartridges and then prints a calibration page.
- With this, the printer setup is complete.
HP Envy 6255 driver and manual download
Using A driver for any printer should be secure, updated and most importantly, compatible with your operating system for experiencing an uninterrupted service. The most recent version of the driver can be downloaded from the manufacturer’s site or using the Driver Download button given on the page.
The manual for HP Envy 6255 printer is usually supplied along with the printer in the form of a small booklet. It is printed with all the details about the printer, manufacturer and reference instructions for performing various functions using the printer. The manual in a PDF format is comparatively more easy to refer while performing a print job. The link for downloading the manual is also given below.
123 HP Envy 4510 Duplex printing
- Power on the printer and keep it in the ready state.
- Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive, and run the setup files. If the installation CD is not available or the driver is incompatible, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Driver Download button on the page to get the updated version of the driver.
- Locate and double-click the .exe file if your computer runs on the Windows OS or the .dmg file if your computer runs on the Mac OS.
- Accept the installer’s terms and conditions to proceed with the installation.
- Select a connection type when prompted. Proceed with the prompts displayed on the screen until the installation is complete.
HP Envy 6255 ePrint setup
HP ePrint is a cloud-based printing technology specific for web-enabled HP printers, making printing easier from anywhere. You can attach your documents to email and send it to the printer’s email address. Get the mailing address of the printer by printing an information page.
HP Envy 6255 AirPrint setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing service supported on iOS devices running on version 4.2 and later. You can also use the feature on the Mac OS and OS X 10.7 (Lion) without the need for installing the printer driver. Connect your printer and iOS/Mac device to the same network, and directly send print jobs to the printer.
HP Envy 6255 ink cartridge
The ink cartridges supported on the HP Envy 6255 printer are HP 64 Black or HP 64XL Black, HP 64 Tri-color or HP 64XL Tri-color. Use only the recommended cartridges, as third-party cartridges may result in print quality deterioration or damage to the printer. Keep reading through the page to know how to install, refill and replace the cartridges quickly.
HP Envy 6255 ink cartridge installation
- Power on the Envy 6255 printer.
- Load enough paper into the input tray.
- Lift the cartridge access door using the handles on the sides of the printer, and wait for the carriage to stop moving.
- Unwrap the tapes from the new ink cartridges.
- Peel off the yellow-colored tapes without touching the electrical contacts or nozzles.
- Fix the color ink cartridge in the left slot and the black ink cartridge into the left slot.
- Pull the access door down.
- Wait while the printer aligns the installed cartridges and print a calibration page.
HP Envy 62255 ink cartridge replacement
- Power on the Envy 6255 printer and wait until it is idle.
- Grasp the handles provided on either side of the printer and lift the access door.
- Do not proceed to the next step until the carriage stops moving.
- Slightly press down the cartridge to be replaced. This releases the cartridge from the slot.
- Remove the cartridge from its slot.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge.
- Slide it into the empty slot, with the contacts facing toward the printer.
- Close the access door, and wait while the printer aligns the cartridges and prints an alignment page.
HP Envy 6255 ink cartridge ink refill
- Raise the cartridge access door while the printer is turned on.
- Press down the cartridge to be refilled. Remove it from the slot.
- Get an ink refill bottle and fill the ink into a syringe.
- Locate the refill holes beneath the cartridge, and pierce them using a needle or toothpick.
- Inject the ink from the syringe into each of the holes to fill the cartridge.
- Blot out the excess ink from the cartridge using a clean cloth or tissue.
- Block the holes using a sealing tape.
- Reinsert the cartridges and close then close the access door. The printer aligns the cartridges and prints a calibration page.
How to make a color copy on HP Envy photo 6255?
- Power on the Envy 6255 printer and wait until the warm-up period completes.
- Raise the scanner cover, and place your original with the print side down on the scanner glass.
- Close the cover, and tap the Copy icon.
- Modify the Copy settings as per your print job.
- Select the Settings option to access advanced copy settings.
- You can view and modify the settings for paper type, quality, and size, trays, margins, brightness, etc.
- Locate the Back button and press it to return to the Copy Screen.
- Select the Start Copy Color option. Wait for the printer to copy your original.
HP Envy 6255 USB connection
- Power on the printer. Allow it to complete its initialization.
- If the printer and computer are already connected, before installing the HP driver, open the Devices and Printer window and remove the printer.
- Download the driver using the Driver Download link given on the page.
- Extract the downloaded file to a storage location on your computer, and run the setup files.
- Keep following the prompts of the installer until the installation is complete.
- Make sure to choose the ‘USB’ connection type and connect the printer to your computer, when prompted. The computer will recognize the printer and connect to it.
- Print or scan a document or photo to verify the connection setup.
HP Envy 6255 troubleshooting
Some of the common issues the printer encounters and the solution for these issues have been given in the following sections. Perform the troubleshooting in sequence, as provided, to fix the problem quickly.
- Perform a hard reset on the printer. Remove the power cord while the printer is turned on.
- Remove the cord from the electrical outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet after about a minute, and plug it back into the printer.
- If the printer fails to turn on automatically, power it on manually.
- Try updating the printer firmware from the manufacturer’s site.
- Remove the printer from your device, and then re-add the printer only as Apple AirPrint or secure AirPrint.
- Check if the issue is resolved. Update the Mac OS.
- Restart the computer. Check if the Mac Bool is detected.
- Switch off the Envy 6255 printer. Remove any USB or Ethernet cable from it.
- Replace the cable if it is damaged or worn out.
- Use the special version of the HP Print and Scan Doctor software (Windows only) to fix the issue.
- Launch the software, click Start, and choose the printer’s name.
- Keep following the prompts of the software to fix the issues.
- Make sure the printer is set as the default printing source.
- If the problem persists, try updating the printer firmware. Download the latest firmware update from the manufacturer’s website.
- If the printer continues to remain offline, reinstall the software.
- Restart the computer, and try to print.
- Try resetting the printer if the issue remains unresolved.
Envy Photo 6255 Error Code 0XB8D16066
- Power on the Envy 6255 printer, and disconnect the USB cable from the printer once the printer becomes silent.
- Raise the access door, remove the ink cartridges from the slots, and lower the access door.
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer without turning the printer off. Remove the cord from the wall outlet also.
- Wait for at least a minute. Reconnect the power cord to the outlet and then to the printer.
- Power up the printer manually if it fails to turn on automatically. Reinsert the cartridges and plug the USB cable back to the printer.
- Try to print. If the error persists, contact the manufacturer and get your printer serviced.