HP Envy 7155 Printer Functions
HP Envy 7155 Print Setup
123.hp.com/envy7155 is an All-in-One inkjet printer that performs printing and scanning at high resolution and speed. The printer is compatible with Windows, Mac and Linux OS. Mobile printing solutions such as HP Smart app, ePrint, etc.
HP Envy 7155 scan setup
The Envy 7155 printer can scan at a resolution of up to 1200 dpi from the flatbed scanner. The maximum scan size is about 8.5×11.69 inches. The printer supports features that enable scanning documents or photos to computer, email.
HP Envy 7155 copy setup
The printer can make up to 50 copies per document, at a speed of 21 copies per minute. The copy resolution is 300×300 dpi. You can make copies of your ID cards, photos, invitations, etc. using the printer.
How to Setup HP Envy 7155 Printer
- Remove the printer from the packaging box. Prefer a flat surface to place it.
- Clear all the packaging and safety material from the outside of the printer.
- Lift the scanner lid, and remove the cover on the glass.
- Hold the handles provided on either side of the printer and raise the access door.
- Check and remove any packaging material from the access area.
- Enabling power supply to the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer:
- Use the power cord supplied along with the printer. Plug one end of the cord into the printer, and the other end into a nearby outlet.
- Switch on the printer, and set the date, time, language and other preferences on the control panel.
- Lift the access door, and wait until the carriage halts at the access area.
- Unpack the setup cartridges supplied along with the printer. Hold only the black plastic of the cartridges.
- Peel off the yellow tapes from the cartridges. Touching the nozzles or contacts may cause print quality issues.
- Fix the color cartridge into the left slot, and the black cartridge into the right slot. Bring the access door down.
- Pull the input tray out, and remove the output tray from the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer.
- Push the photo tray into the printer. Slide out the paper width guides on the input tray, and place a stack of paper.
- Bring the guides close to rest on the edges of the paper.
- Fix the output tray, and slide the input tray back into the printer.
- Aligning the cartridges:
- The printer automatically aligns the cartridges and then prints a calibration page. With this, the printer setup is complete.
HP Envy 7155 Driver and Manual Download
HP Envy 7155 Driver Download
Using The driver controls the functions of the printer from the device on which it is installed. The full feature driver enables accessing all the advanced features supported on the printer while the basic driver can help you access only the primary printer functions. You can download the driver either from the manufacturer’s site or directly using the Driver Download Button.
HP Envy 7155 Manual Download
The user manual comprises all the details about the printer, manufacturer, warranty, etc., along with the instructions for setting up the printer for different connections. Guidelines for troubleshooting the common printer issues are also provided in the manual. The manual in the PDF format is easy to refer, and the link for downloading the same is given below.
HP Envy 7155 Driver Installation
- Power on the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer and wait until the warm-up period is complete.
- Plug out any USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Insert the installation CD into the computer’s hard drive, and run the setup files.
- If the driver is outdated or not compatible, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the Driver Download button on the page and extract the downloaded file to a storage location.
- Double-click the .exe file if you have the Windows OS. If your computer runs on the Mac OS, double-click the .dmg file.
- Accept the terms and conditions of the installer, and proceed with the installation.
- Choose a connection type when prompted. Respond appropriately to each prompt screen until the installation is complete.
HP Envy 7155 wireless setup
Wireless printing eliminates the need for cables and simplifies complex printing procedures. All you have to do is keep the printer and the device within the router’s range.
HP Envy 7155 mobile Printing Setup
The HP Envy 7155 Mobile Printing capabilities enables your to 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer print, scan various documents using your mobile device with smart apps such as HP Aiprint, HP ePrint and HP Smart App.
HP Envy 7155 Ink Cartridge
The printer comes with the setup cartridges meant for performing the first print job series. The recommended cartridges for the printer are HP 64 Black and Tri-color cartridges. Handle these cartridges with care, touching their contacts or nozzles may obstruct the ink flow. Install only genuine cartridges into the printer to avoid quality and technical issues.
HP Envy 7155 Ink Cartridge Install
- Power on the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer.
- Pull the input trayon the front side and load enough paper. Adjust the guides such that it rests on the edges of the paper.
- Hold the handles on either side of the printer to raise the access door. Wait for the carriage to come to a halt.
- Peel off the yellow tapes from the new ink cartridges.
- Hold the cartridges only by their sides. Avoid contacting the nozzles.
- Insert the cartridge into their respective slots. The black cartridge should go in the right slot and the color cartridge in the left slot.
- Push the cartridges until they are secured into place. Lower the access door.
- Wait while the printer aligns the installed cartridges. A calibration page automatically prints after the alignment.
HP Envy 7155 Ink Cartridge Replacement
- Power on the Envy 7155 printer and wait until it completes the initialization process.
- Lift the access door using the handles provided on the sides of the printer.
- Wait for the carriage to come to a halt at the access area.
- If you are replacing the black cartridge, slightly press the cartridge in the right slot.
- If the color cartridge is to be replaced, press the cartridge in the left slot.
- Take the cartridge out from its slot.
- Unwrap the new ink cartridge and slide it into the empty slot. The contacts of the cartridge should face the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer.
- Lower the access door, and wait while the cartridge alignment is in progress.
HP Envy 7155 Ink Cartridge Refill
- Power on the Envy 7155 printer. Raise the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center and halts.
- Remove the cartridge to be refilled from the slot.
- Get an ink refill bottle and fill the ink into a syringe.
- Turn the cartridge upside down, and locate the refill holes.
- Pierce the holes using a needle or toothpick.
- Inject the ink from the syringe into the cartridge through the holes.
- Wipe off excess ink from the cartridge using a clean cloth or tissue. Block the holes using a sealing tape.
- Reinsert the cartridges and then close the access door. The 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer aligns the cartridges and prints a calibration page
HP Envy 7155 USB connection
- Switch on the Envy 7155 printer.
- Open the Devices and Printers window, and delete the printer.
- Download the updated version of the driver either from the manufacturer’s site or using the Driver Download link given on the page.
- Save the downloaded file in a storage location on your computer, and run the setup files.
- Respond appropriately to each of the prompt screens until the installation is complete.
- When the prompted to choose a connection type, select USB and then connect the printer to your computer.
- The computer will detect and connect to the printer.
- Try printing or scanning a document/photo to verify the connection setup.
How to connect HP Envy 7155 to laptop?
- Power on the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer, and wait until the warm-up period completes.
- Download the printer driver and extract the files to local storage.
- Install the driver by following the prompts on the installer.
- Select the USB connection type when prompted.
- Connect the printer and your laptop using a USB cable.
- Try printing a document from your laptop to verify the connection.
HP Envy 7155 Troubleshooting
The HP Envy 7155 is a reliable, high performing printer. It may encounter issues while attempting to perform a function. The common problems the printer encounters, and the solution for fixing these are given in the following sections.
HP Envy 7155 won’t pick up the Paper
- Switch on the printer, and wait until it becomes silent.
- Remove the power cord from the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer’s rear port while keeping the printer turned on. Plug out the cord from the electrical outlet as well.
- Reconnect the cord to the outlet after at least 15 seconds. Plug the cord back into the printer.
- Turn on the manually if it does not power up on its own. Try printing a self-test report. If the issue remains persists, follow the steps below.
- Check for and remove any obstructions inside the tray. Presence of even a bit of paper may cause feeding issues.
- Check the paper’s condition. Replace the ones that are wrinkled, curled or damaged.
- Align the paper edges and place the stack in the tray. Print a self-test report again. If the issue persists, proceed with the next step.
- Open the Printing Preferences window on your Windows OS, and click the Features tab. Select Printer Services, and choose the Paper Feed Cleaning icon.
- Click OK, and respond to the prompts. Click OK again, and wait for the process to complete.
- Try printing the self-test report. If the printer fails to feed in the paper, get your printer serviced.
HP Envy 7155 ePrint Troubleshooting
- Make sure the attached file is in a compatible format. You cannot send more than 10 items to the printer at a time.
- Check if the ePrint settings are matching your print job type.
- Make sure the email address from which you are sending the print job has ePrint access.
- Log into the HP Connected and select My Printers. Go to the ePrint Access section, and check if the correct email address is given.
- Power off the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer, and turn it on again. Make sure Web Services is enabled on the printer.
- Try printing a test page from the device connected to the printer over the same network.
- If there is any network issue, a connection error appears on your computer. Move the printer and computer close to your router. Restart the router and connect the printer to the network.
- Disable any firewall settings on the printer temporarily, and try to send print jobs via email to the printer.
HP Envy 7155 Printer Offline
- Install the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool on your Windows OS, and open it.
- Click Fix Printing, and follow the instructions displayed on the tool to resolve the issue. The tool provides a diagnosed report of the printer’s status.
- If the printer continues to remain offline, reset the print environment, Reconnect the printer to your computer and try to print.
- If you have established a wireless connection for the printer, reinstall the printer software and driver, and try connecting the printer to an alternate network.
- If you have established a wired connection for the printer, check for any damages on the Ethernet or USB cable connected to the 123.hp.com/envy7155 printer.
- Check if you have multiple printers are added to your computer. Remove all the printer-related entries, and re-add the HP Envy 7155 printer after some time.
- Clear the print queue either directly from the control panel or using the printer software.
- If the issue persists, contact your manufacturer to get your printer serviced.