HP Envy 7640 Printing Setup & its Functions
In HP Envy 7640 Printing, you can print a document or photo with the HP envy 7640 Printer to produce high quality text and images. To print a document your computer needs to be connected to a printer. The below given instructions will give you an idea on how to print a document or photo using this Printer.
HP Envy 7640 Print Document or Photos
- First, make your HP envy 7640 Printer ready to print and you will have to load the paper into the paper tray.
- Make sure the paper tray of your printer is open. Adjust and slide the paper-width guides.
- Take off all paper from the paper tray, and then load the photo paper with the side which is to be printed on, facing down.
- Push the photo papers into the HP printer.
- To print a document, you have to click on the Print command which is usually located in the File menu.
- Make sure that the document you want to print open in this HP Envy 7640 Printing setup.
- Click the button which will allow you to open the properties dialog box
- The button that you want to click may be Properties, or Printer setup, Printer Properties or options, Printer or Preferences which are based on the type of the software application you are using.
- You will have the option to choose the layout of your print that may be either portrait or landscape which depends on your desire.
- You need to determine what type of paper you use and also determine the print quality in the quality settings area.
- Go to the advanced settings and specify the paper size, type, a number of copies as well as variety of other options that you want
- For photos, you can select the color of your copy by clicking the color options and choose the appropriate photo fix options
- Make sure you select the required print settings and then click print.
HP Envy 7640 Printing in Quiet Mode
- Tap setup from the control panel of your HP envy 7640 Printer.
- Then, touch preferences.
- To turn on the quiet mode setting using your HP envy 7640, you will have to touch the box which is present next to quiet mode
- Finally, touch ok to enable quiet mode printing.
HP Envy 7640 Printhead Alignment Fails
- Cross check if you have placed the unused plain white paper into the paper tray.
- The print head alignment fails when you have loaded printed pages in the paper tray.
- Before you print an alignment page in HP Envy 7640 Printing, be aware to clean the print head.
HP Envy 7640 Missing or Failed Printhead
If the message ‘Missing or failed print head is displayed on the HP envy 7640 printer’s home screen repeatedly, then try and reinstall the print head to fix the issue. Steps to reinstall the print head
- Switch on the HP envy 7640 printer, if it’s switched off.
- Gently open the ink cartridges access door.
- Lift the latch handle of the print carriage slowly.
- Now, slowly remove the print head from its place by lifting it up and then pulling it towards you.
- After a couple of minutes, re-insert the print head in its place. (NOTE: The print head latch should be raised when you reinsert.)
- Lower the handle slowly and then close the ink cartridge access door in HP Envy 7640 Printing Setup.