HP Envy 7855 Printer Functions
HP Envy 7855 is a printer that can efficiently print high-quality photos at a resolution of 1200 dpi. The printer also supports Automatic document feeder, making multipage scanning easier. It has a USB reader that enables you to scan from a USB flash drive, unlike the common photo printers. The printer is eligible for HP Instant Ink, and so you receive the cartridges even before the cartridge runs out.
The printer uses the CIS scan technology for scanning documents, photos, ID cards, etc. It has the Automatic Document Feeder that can perform only single-sided scanning. The maximum scan size from the ADF is 216×356 mm and that from the flatbed scanner is 216×297 mm. Keep reading to find simple instructions for scanning using the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer.
The 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer can make color copies of your original documents at a resolution of up to 300×300 dpi. It can print 50 copies at a time, at 21 copies per minute speed. For best copying results, keep the scan bed clean and choose appropriate copy settings. To make large copies of your original, scan the copies to your computer, enlarge the scanned image and print it.
The printer has the color faxing capability, with a memory of up to 100 pages and a resolution of 300×311 dpi. The fax scheduling option lets you send faxes at a comfortable time within 24 hours. The printer also allows you to set up your phonebook contacts to effortlessly send faxes to frequently used numbers. The printer can be set to an automatic mode to answer the incoming faxes automatically.
How to set up or install the HP Envy 7855 printer?
- Place the printer on a flat surface for the ease of handling.
- Set the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer free of all the packaging and safety materials.
- Raise the scanner lid on the printer’s top, and clear any packing cover on the glass.
- Locate the handles on sides of the printer and use them to lift the cartridge access door.
- Check the access area, and remove any safety material in it.
- Enabling power supply to the printer:
- Find the power cord supplied along with the printer, and plug it’s one end into the printer’s rear port and the other end into a wall outlet.
- Select a language of your preference, and set your country/region, date and time on the control panel.
- Raise the access door. Let the carriage halt at the access area.
- Unpack the new setup cartridges with the printer. Hold only the black plastic portion of the cartridges.
- Peel off the yellow-colored tapes on the cartridges. Touching the nozzles or contacts may cause print quality issues.
- Slide the color cartridge into the left slot, and the black cartridge into the right slot. Bring the access door down.
- Pull the input tray on the front side of the printer, and remove the output tray.
- Push the photo tray while keeping the input tray pulled out. Place a stack of paper after sliding out the paper width guides.
- Adjust the guides to rest on the edges of the paper.
- Reinsert the output tray, and push the input tray back into the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer.
HP Envy 7855 driver and manual download
Using Drivers play a key role in controlling the functions of a 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer. All the printer functions and features enabling them can be accessed from a computer only when the driver for the particular printer is installed. The full feature driver includes all the software packages required for performing advanced printer functions, while the basic driver is used only for performing the basic functions. To get the driver for your HP Envy 7855 printer, just give a single click on the Driver Download button given below.
Manuals are essential for reference purpose while handling a printer. A small user guide booklet, comprising the information about the printer and manufacturer and instructions for performing various 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer functions, is usually supplied along with the printer. To avoid the tedious job of flipping the pages of the booklet while referring, use the PDF format of the Manual. The download link for the manual is also given.
HP Envy 7855 driver installation
- Get the setup CD supplied along with the printer, and insert it into the computer.
- Run the setup files. If the driver is incompatible or outdated, proceed with the steps below to download and install the printer driver.
- Open the manufacturer’s website and go to the Supports section.
- Provide the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer model, and click Begin.
- Click Download against the Full feature driver, and wait for the process to complete.
- Alternately, click the Driver Download link on the page to get the driver.
- Now extract the files to a storage location on your computer and start the installation.
- Keep responding to the prompt screens of the installer until the installation completes.
HP Envy 7855 wireless setup
A 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer connected to a wireless network can be easily accessed from any network-connected device. Wireless Setup Wizard, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, Wi-Fi Direct, etc., are some of the wireless connection options supported by the printer. Wi-Fi Direct does not require a router and can connect directly to a Wi-Fi-enabled device. Once the printer is connected to the network, it has to be configured for the wireless connection.
HP Envy 7855 ePrint setup
HP has developed an application for sending documents to your device via ePrint. The service is applicable for any web-enabled 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer. The printer has an email address that can be retrieved by printing an information page or from the EWS page for the printer.
HP Envy 7855 AirPrint setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution using which you can directly connect to and access the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer from your iOS device running on version 4.2 and later, and Mac OS and OS X 10.7. Unlike the conventional wireless printing, it does not require the installation of the driver.
HP Envy 7855 ink cartridge installation
- Switch on the Envy 7855 printer.
- Use the handles on the sides of the printer to raise the access door. Wait for the carriage to halt.
- Remove the colored tapes from the new ink cartridges.
- Hold only the black plastic portion of the cartridge. Contacting the nozzles may result in print quality issues.
- Fix the cartridge into their respective slots. Fix the black cartridge should go in the right slot and the color cartridge in the left slot.
- Push the cartridges until they are secured into place. Lower the access door.
- Wait while the cartridge alignment is in progress.
- The 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer prints a calibration page automatically once the alignment is complete.
HP Envy 7855 ink cartridge replacement
- Power on the Envy 7855 printer and until the initialization process completes.
- Raise the access door using the handles on the sides of the printer. Let the carriage to come to a halt at the access area.
- If you want to replace the black cartridge, slightly press the cartridge in the right slot. If the color cartridge is to be replaced, give a press on the cartridge in the left slot.
- Remove the cartridge out.
- Get the new ink cartridge and unwrap it. Slide it into the empty slot.
- Make sure the contacts of the cartridges are facing the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer.
- Lower the access door. The printer will align the installed cartridges and print a calibration page.
HP Envy 7855 ink cartridge ink refill
- Tap the ink drop icon and check the ink level in the installed cartridges.
- Identify the cartridge to be refilled.
- Raise the cartridge access door with the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer switched on. The carriage moves and halts at the center.
- Get an ink refill bottle, and fill the ink into a syringe.
- Locate the refill holes beneath the cartridge by hovering a toothpick or needle over the cartridge.
- Pierce the refill holes using a needle. Inject the ink from the syringe through the holes into the cartridge.
- Wipe off any excess ink from the cartridge using a tissue. Block the holes using a sealing tape.
- Reinsert the cartridge into the slot, and lower the access door. The printer aligns the cartridges and then prints a calibration page.
HP Envy 7855 troubleshooting
- Try resetting the printer. Plug out the power cord from the rear port of the printer.
- Remove the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Wait for some time, and reconnect the cord to the wall outlet.
- Replug the cord into the rear port of the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer. If the printer fails to power up automatically, turn it on manually.
- If the problem persists, update the printer’s firmware.
- Remove and re-add the printer.
- Reinstall the latest version of the driver.
- Restart the computer and printer to restore the connection to the printer.
- Remove the USB cable from the printer, and examine it.
- Connect the cable to a printer to a different USB port. If the USB cable is damaged, replace it with a new one.
- Remove other devices connected to your computer via USB, and then try to scan.
- If you have connected the printer and Mac computer over a wireless network, restart the router, printer and computer, and reconnect the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer to the network.
- If the issue persists, remove the printer and all the related entries from your computer, and re-add it to Mac.
- Reinstall the updated printer software, and try to print.
- If the problem persists, try using the HP Easy Scan app or Apple Image capture for scanning.
- Reset the printing system if all the above steps did not help.
- Power off the printer, and let it become idle.
- Remove the power cord without turning off the printer.
- Unplug the cord from the wall outlet as well.
- Wait for about 60 seconds, and replug the cord to the wall outlet.
- Plug the other end of the cord to the printer.
- Power on the 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer manually, if the printer fails to turn on automatically.
- If the printer continues to remain in the error state, follow the steps below.
- Run the HP Print and Scan doctor tool, and select Printer, and select the printer’s name.
- Wait while the tool checks the communication between the printer and computer.
- If the issue pertains, try updating the printer firmware. Reinstall the printer driver, and try to print.
- Uninstall the existing software and driver on your computer.
- Download the latest driver and software for the printer and install them.
- Connect your 123.hp.com/envy7855 printer to a computer, and try to print a test page.
- If that did not work out, check for any pending updates for your Windows OS and upgrade your operating system to the latest version.
- Reinstall the driver and try printing.
- Update the firmware for your printer from the manufacturer’s site.
- Reset the printer, and print or scan from your computer.
- Restart the computer, router and computer, and proceed to print.