123 HP Laserjet M553dn Printer
- 123 HP Laserjet M553dn Printer Specification
- 123 HP Laserjet M553dn Ink Cartridge
- 123 HP Laserjet M553dn Windows update
- 123 HP Laserjet M553dn Print Speed handling
- 123 HP Laserjet M553dn Printer Troubleshoot
123 HP Laserjet M553dn Printer Specification
- Operating system support: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite.
- Connectivity and Mobile printing capability: Wireless, wireless direct, ePrint, AirPrint.
- Printing Speed: Up to 40 ppm
- Resolution (black): HP ImageREt 3600
- Resolution (color): HP ImageREt 3600
- Resolution technology: HP ImageREt 3600, Pantone Calibrated
123 HP Laserjet M553dn Printer Troubleshooting
Numeric Error codes displayed on HP LaserJet M553dn Printer
Access Denied Menus Locked: The error describes that the computer’s control panel has been locked by the network administrator to prevent non-permissible access.
- Check with your network administrator to unlock the control panel for you to enable your HP LaserJet printer. Execute a cold reset.
- Turn off your HP LaserJet M553dn Printer and switch it off. Power it on and observe the memory count to begin.
- When you find the memory count to start, hold down the SELECT(checkmark) button or the drop-down.
- Hold the SELECT button until all the three lights of the control panel flashes and stays stable in ON mode.
- This process will not consume more than 10 seconds of time.
- Press the Up Arrow or the Down Arrow button once the message Select Language appears on the screen, and the Cold Reset button is displayed.
- Touch the Select (Checkmark) button so that the printer performs the cold reset.
- After the completion of cold reset, the printer should turn on automatically. If not turn it on manually by pressing the Power button.
- Verify all I/O settings and reset if there are any user-defined configuration values of the HP LaserJet printer.
- Note: The I/O LAN settings can be changed or reset to their correct values only if the embedded Jetdirect is re-enabled for the options to be available and visible on your printer’s control panel.
- Jetdirect is a technology provided by HP M553dn that allows your computer and printer to be directly attached to a local network.
Bad Duplexer Connection
Make sure that the right angle cord (a cable) is installed on your printer for the duplexer to be installed properly. If your HP M553dn printer is already installed with a right angle cord, then follow the below steps. Turn off the HP LaserJet M553dn printer. Uninstall the duplexer from the printer. Hold for few seconds and then reinstall the duplexer into its slot.
- Turn on your printer. Check if it is displaying the error message Bad Duplexer Connection. If the issue persists, ensure that the duplexer is connected properly and the connecting cable is not spoiled.
- If you find a fault, then it is recommended to change or replace the duplexer.
Stuck print jobs on your HP LaserJet M553dn printer
There can be a variety of reasons including power outages for this error. Please note that in every case, a print spool job is present.
- Delete all existing print jobs after restarting your system. A corrupt print job in your print queue can cause issues in your print system.
- A restart is required on both your HP M553dn printer and system.
- After performing the restart, you will be able to delete all the existing print jobs in your print queue manually.
- Press and hold the Power button on the control panel of your printer to switch it off and then detach the power cord from the electrical supply outlet.
- Please note that after a reset all existing and open data cannot be recovered unless saved before the restart.
- Open Windows Services on your system by using any of the two methods given below
- Press the Windows key and the R key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- In the pop up that opens, type in the command services.msc and select OK to continue.
- Open Windows and search for Services to open Windows Services. The icon Print Spooler should be present on the list displayed.
- Locate the Print Spooler option and click on Stop. Locate and stop the Print Spooler service.
- Your service command will be disabled now and you must close the service window that is open on your system.
- Follow the navigation path mentioned- C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS.
- In the printers folder on your system, delete and erase all the existing print jobs and close your system.
- Shut down the computer and wait for sixty seconds before continuing.
- Press and hold the power button on the control panel of your printer to switch it on again.
- Try to print your required document and if the print job is successful, you do not have to proceed further with the troubleshooting.
Use the HP M553dn Print and Scan doctor tool to rectify errors
- The HP Print and Scan doctor is a free tool provided by HP to correct errors on your print system. This tool can automatically diagnose and detect errors on your printer and provides easy solutions.
- Follow the guidelines displayed on your screen after running the HP Print and Scan doctor on your system.
- Most errors can be resolved in this manner.
- This is a simple tool that is easy to use and you can do the corrections all by yourself.
- Try to proceed to print. If at this point, your print job is successful, you deserve a pat on the back!
- Do not get disheartened if your print job was not successful, there are many other options for you to try.
Reinstall and update your HP Laserjet M553dn printer driver
If your error still persists, you may have to eliminate the existing software on your printer and download the current and updated software. Note: The steps given below are not applicable if you use an older version of Windows.
- Click on Add/ Remove programs from your computer’s control panel to uninstall the existing software.
- The printer software can be setup on your printer again using the software installation disc provided with your printer.
- If you do not have the disc, login to our support website from your browser and enter HP LaserJet M553dn software download in the required field.
- You can also obtain the software using the Add Hardware feature on your Windows enabled system.
- There should not be any USB connections on your printer. If you notice any connections, remove them.
- Open Devices and Printers from the Windows search tab.
- In the pop up window that opens, click on your printer model and then click on Remove Device.
- Good job so far. Now that you have successfully installed your printer, restart your system.
- Go to our support website through your browser and type in the model number or name of your printer.
- Follow the guides provided on your screen to setup and install the updated software for your HP LaserJet printer.
- During the installation, it is absolutely imperative that no USB’s should be connected to your printer.
- You will most likely be able to print from your HP M553dn printer now. If the print job is successful, congratulations.
- Do not panic if your error persists, here are a few other things you can try.