123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer
- 123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer Specification
- 123 HP Laserjet M553x Ink Cartridge
- 123 HP Laserjet M553x Windows update
- 123 HP Laserjet M553x Print Speed handling
- 123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer Troubleshoot
123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer Specification
- Operating system support: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite.
- Connectivity and Mobile printing capability: Wireless, wireless direct, ePrint, AirPrint.
- Printing Speed: Up to 20 ppm
- Copy resolution: Up to 600 x 300 dpi
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Scan resolution: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer Troubleshooting
123 HP Laserjet M553x Printer Windows 10 upgrade Issue
HP LaserJet M553x Printer does not print after Windows 10 upgrade.
Confirm the status of the printer. This step will explain how to manage your default printer settings and navigate through the hardware management tools.
- Click on Windows button and search for printers. Click Printers & Scanners from the available list of results on your computer settings.
- Check if the Let Windows manage my default printer setting is on for Windows 10 to manage automatically, the last default printer used by you.
- Manage default printer setting in Windows 10.
- Highlight your printer name and click to select it. Then click Manage to see the printer status and claim additional features like printer troubleshooting, properties, and preferences.
- Manage your printer in the settings window.
- Check if you are able to print, if not continue to the next step.
Reinstalling HP LaserJet M553x printer and software.
- Unplug the USB cable from your printer if it is connected to the computer through the same.
- Through Windows Search button, look for Programs and Features. Then from the list of results displayed, choose the Programs and Features option and click it.
- Find the installed programs or applications list, click the name of your HP LaserJet printer and the click Uninstall or Yes.
- To remove the printer software follow the instructions visible on your computer screen. Turn off your computer, hold for few seconds and turn it on.
Reinstalling the HP M553x Driver and Software.
- Turn on your printer. If your computer and printer are connected with a USB cable, disconnect the cable from the printer.
- Go to our website and look for your printer model if prompted, to get the latest HP LaserJet M553x printer driver and software.
- Click Download button that is next to the Full feature software download, which is recommended by HP. If not available click Basic Drivers for other driver options based on your printer model.
Start up again your computer and the Laserjet M553x printer
- Let your printer be turned off.
- Check if the power cord of your printer is not connected to a surge protector or a spike box. If connected, it is recommended to connect the power cord directly to the wall’s electrical outlet.
- Shut down the computer after confirming that all the running programs are closed on your computer.
- The printer and the computer are turned on.
- Do print a job with your printer. Check if the issue is resolved. If not continue to the next step.
Use USB cable to connect your HP Laserjet M553x printer wirelessly.
- Connect your printer to your computer using a USB cable temporarily, though you have an existing wireless network for your printer.
- Attempt to print a job.
- If you are able to print, then your existing wireless connection is the cause of the printing issue. To overcome this issue temporarily, continue using your printer connected with USB cable to your computer.
Go to our website, enter your printer model and look for the procedure Printer is Offline for Windows, for wireless connectivity issue. Still, if you face any difficulty in following the above steps or need more technical assistance for resolving the LaserJet Printer issue, call our customer support team on our toll-free number.
Numeric Error codes displayed on HP LaserJet M553x Printer
13.1 Paper Jam open input trays
- This error states that there is a paper-delay jam at the paper feed area.
- Load the printer’s input tray with a paper stack.
- Ensure the paper width guides are adjusted in such a way that it rests on the paper edges without causing any damage to the paper.
- It is recommended to reduce the paper stack’s height in the input tray.
- Confirm that there are no obstructions on the input area of the paper path.
- Check if the inner working condition (registration assembly) of the HP LaserJet Printer is damaged or not fixed into its slot properly.
- It is advisable to replace the non-functioning sensors or flags if any.
- Evaluate if the physical paper size matches with the paper size settings of your HP LaserJet Printer.
- Make sure that the printer’s paper pick up feed and separation rollers are in good working condition. Otherwise, replace it if required.
- If any curl or bend appears on your paper stack, roll it to 180° and turn it over. This may help you avoid the paper jam error.
13.10 Paper Jam Check Duplexer
- This error message clearly states that there is a jam in the Laserjet M553x printer’s duplexer.
- Verify if there is any damage or obstruction in the duplexer and also on the rear of the printer areas.
- Confirm if the duplexer is working properly by performing a print job.
- If there is a fault in duplexer, replace it if necessary.
- Crosscheck if there are any assembling issues with the printer fuser and rear diverter for the paper jamming issues.
- Examples of other paper jam error messages such as 13.14 Defective paper control PCA, etc.
If you find it difficult to rectify the above error messages on your HP LaserJet M553x printer, contact our customer support team for online technical assistance.
13.5 Paper jam check rear door
- If there is a paper-delay jam at the fuser, this error occurs.
- Confirm if the transfer roller and small media belt are working properly so that the paper is fed into the fuser.
- Clearly observe the paper path to check if there are any obstructions for the transfer roller, toner, and paper feed assembly, fuser and the toner cartridge.
- Disconnect the fuser and re-fix into its original slot after few seconds of time after removing it.
- Inspect the fuser gears and drive gears of the printer and check if any damage has been caused.
- If the issue still persists and the error message continue to display, replace the DC controller (one of the boards in the HP LaserJet M553x printer).
4.13 Unexpected Paper size: The printer does not print due to a different paper size from what it was expecting.
- This type of issue occurs when two or more papers stick together while printing a print job.
- The first step is to remove the paper stack from the input tray and reload it with the correct paper size if it not done earlier.
- If the input tray contains the correct size of papers, then ensure that the tray is loaded under the front and back retaining tabs.
- Select the exact paper size based on the input tray you select through the printer’s control panel. For example, there might be many input trays of 1,2,3,4 etc. in the printer settings.
- Choose from which tray you are going to print and ensure that the respective input tray has the correct size of papers in it to complete the print job.
- Verify if the length & width guides are set properly. Once completing the previous steps, click on OK to print the required job.
The error page will automatically be reprinted if jam recovery is enabled. Otherwise, it is recommended to click Cancel job in order to clear the job from the HP Laserjet M553x printer’s memory.