123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Printer
- 123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Printer Specification
- 123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Windows update
- 123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Ink Cartridge
- 123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Wireless Network handling
- 123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Printer Troubleshoot
123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Printer Specification
- Operating system support: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite.
- Connectivity and Mobile printing capability: Wireless, wireless direct, ePrint, AirPrint.
- Printing Speed: Up to 25 ppm
- Copy resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
- Fax resolution: Up to 300 x 300 dpi
- Scan resolution: Up to 1200 dpi
123 HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Wireless Network Issues
HP Laserjet Pro M226dn- Wireless network diagnostic test.
The network diagnostic test can be accomplished from the printer’s control panel easily. The purpose of the diagnostic test is about the wireless network settings. Let us see how to run a diagnostic test report with 2-line control panels.
- Press the Ok button through the printer’s control panel.
- Pick the Self Diagnostics menu, and then click on OK button.
- Click the Run Wireless Test item, and then touch the OK button to initiate the test. Now the printer prints a test page with test results.
- Touchscreen control panels. Continue swiping on the printer’s control panel until the Setup menu displays on it. Tap the icon to open the menu.
- Scroll until you find the Self Diagnostics option on the control panel and touch it to open.
- To start the diagnostic test, choose Run Wireless Test. After this step, the printer prints a test page displaying the test results.
HP LaserJet Pro M226dn printer does not print after the completion of wireless configuration.
- Turn on your printer. Ensure it is in a ready-to-use state. Disable the third-party firewalls on your computer if any.
- Validate if you have connected your printer to the wireless network properly and the wireless connection is working correctly.
- Double-check that there are no issues with your computer. If so, restarting the computer resolves the issue.
- Confirm if you can open the HP LaserJet Pro printer through Embedded Web Server from your computer on the network.
Note: Before you initiate the process to set up your HP LaserJet Pro M226dn printer to a wireless network connection, kindly go through the wireless checklist on our website. It helps you to collect all the wireless connection requirements so that common technical issues can be avoided.
HP Laserjet Pro M226dn Printer Windows 10 upgrade Issue
HP Laserjet Pro Print and Scan Doctor Tool
Use HP Laserjet Pro Print and Scan Doctor to verify whether Windows firewall is preventing the updates to be installed. HP Print and Scan Doctor is a free tool provided by HP to analyze printing and scanning problems on your HP Printer.
- Steps to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor software.
- Download HP Print and Scan Doctor software.
- Identify your downloaded file on your computer Download folder and open the installation file.
- Select your HP printer name and then select next when the HP Print and Scan Doctor software are installed and opened.
- Select Next. A new window opens. Select Fix Printing option on that particular window.
- HP Print and Scan Doctor will show a screen with a list of available results.
- If a green checkmark is displayed it states that the HP printer has passed the test. Select Test Print or choose Skip.
- If an exclamation point is displayed then the HP printer has failed the test. Select Test Print or click Skip.
- If an X mark in red is displayed, then follow the instructions to solve the issues.
- Try to print the sample document.
- If the problem exist and the HP printer does not print, then follow the next step.
- Navigate to Network, and then select Troubleshoot Firewalls.
- Search for an active Firewall software on your computer, Select the name of that Firewall software that has an Enabled status.
- Select Disable to deactivate the Firewall software.
Try to print a sample document and confirm the below conditions.
- If you are able to print the required document, contact our technical support team or visit our website.
- To know how to add your HP printer and create the communication between your computer and the HP printer.
- If you are unable to print the test document, then the problem is not with the Firewall software.
- Hence enable the firewall in the HP Print and Scan Doctor again and continue to the next step.
Check if the Print Spooler is activated and in working condition
Print spooler is a software is available in the printer that stores the print jobs in the print queue by storing it temporarily and allow it print one by one. Navigate to Windows and search for view local services option.
- From the HP printer control panel setting select the View Local Services option in the list of results, and then the service Window opens. Find the Print Spooler from the list.
- Just right-click Print Spooler software and then select Start if the print spooler Status is Blank.
- Right-click the Print Spooler software and then select Restart if the print spooler Status is running.
- Try to print a sample document. If the problem still exists and the HP printer does not print, continue to the next step.
Check the status of the HP Laserjet Pro M226dn printer.
- Select Windows option and look for HP printers. Select Printers & Scanners from the available list of results on your computer settings.
- Check if the Let Windows manage my default HP printer setting is on for Windows 10 to manage automatically, the last default HP printer used by you.
- Manage default HP printer setting in Windows 10.
- Highlight your HP printer name and select it. Select Manage to see the HP printer status and claim additional features like HP printer troubleshooting, preferences, and properties.
- Manage your HP printer in the settings window. Verify if you are able to print the document.
Reinstalling HP M226dn printer and software.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your HP printer if it is connected to your computer through the same.
- From Windows Search option, search for Programs and Features.
- Choose the Programs and Features option and select it from the list of results.
- Find the installed programs or applications list, select the name of your HP printer and then select Uninstall or Yes.
- To remove the HP printer software follow the instructions visible on your computer display.
- Switch off your computer, wait for a few seconds and switch it on.