HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct Setup
Enable HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct from a computer, smartphone or tablet perspective, being connected to HP wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct looks the same as it is connected to a typical wireless network in which the HP printer has already connected. A print application for smartphones and tablets or printer software for a computer must be installed in order to use the HP Officejet 3830 printer over the wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct connection. Neither HP wireless direct or Wi-Fi Direct can provide an internet connection for connected devices. However, a Wi-Fi Direct connection to the HP printer may allow your device to maintain a simultaneous Wi-Fi connection to the internet.
How to Connect HP Officejet 3830 to Wireless Direct
- The first step is to enable the 123 HP Officejet 3830 wireless direct or Wireless Direct through the control panel of the printer.
- Verify if the Wi-Fi radio option is ON in your mobile device and then connect your device to the HP Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct with the procedure followed for configuring the wired network connection.
- Enabling the HP Wireless Direct feature with security requires a WPA2 password if prompted by the mobile device or the computer.
- Without WPA2 security the Wi-Fi Direct does not work or become active.
- If you have not set a WPA2 password for your printer, then install the printer software for HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct.
- Select Wireless as the network connection type from the printer software UI (user interface).
- Printing function is possible for mobile devices through installing the latest version of the 123.hp.com/oj3830 Printer plug-in application.
- If you have an existing 123 HP Officejet 3830 printer connected to any network connection with the printer software installed on your computer and has already performed a print job Connect and use the printer in a similar way as it is connected to a wired network connection.
- Make a note that it does not require any additional software installation.
- Make sure that your computer is connected only to the 123 HP setup Officejet 3830 printer or to your home network, as it may develop interruption while performing a print job.
HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct Setup in Windows and Mac
HP 3830 Wireless Direct Setup in Windows
- Go to Windows Start and click on Programs, locate the folder 123.hp.com/oj3830 printer and then click on Printer Setup & Software.
- Initiate the Printer Software (denoted by an icon for the printer model) for HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct Setup
- From the Windows Start screen or the tiled name provided for your printer by the computer.
- Choose Utilities on the top of the Printer Software screen.
- Click Printer Setup & Software.Click Connect a new printer.
HP OJ3830 Wireless Direct Setup in Mac
- Through the Apple menu finder, go to Applications to access folder. Then select Printer Setup & Software.
- You can also use the printer software CD that comes with the printer at first as an alternate method to install the Welcome Back screen or to avail the full function software.
- To download the software please navigate through our website and acquire the latest version for your printer.
- Choose the option and then click Connect new printer.
- Note: Do not select Convert a USB connected printer to wireless when prompted to choose a connection type.
- Under the Connection Options screen, choose Wireless, and then click Next.
- Choose the HP Officejet 3830 printer from the window where the list of printers are provided, click on your printer name and then complete the software installation.
- Once the Direct connection is configured, two printer icons are displayed on the HP printer’s folder on your computer.
- The icon with the name Network denotes the printer driver installed for your HP wireless direct or Wi-Fi direct.
- You can remove the other icon which denotes the printer name that was connected using a USB cable in the name of Network for HP Officejet 3830 Wireless Direct