123 HP Officejet 5740 Print Functions
123 HP Officejet 5740 Printers – Printing from HP Print Service Plugin using Android device
Step 1: Check the requirements
Before installing the HP Print Service Plugin, ensure the HP officejet 5740 printer and your Android device will meet the following requirements:
- The HP printer hardware is set up.
- The HP printer is connected to the same wireless network as your Android device, or Wi-Fi Direct is enabled on your HP printer and your Android device.
- Android device running on the updated versions.
- Install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store, and then ensure the plugin is turned on.
- Note: Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings vary based on Android version and device manufacturer.
- On your Android device, install or update the HP Print Service Plugin from the Google Play Store.
- Select a method to turn on the 123 HP officejet 5740 Print Service Plugin, Once the installation or update is complete
Step 2: Install and switch on the 123 HP officejet 5740 Print Service Plugin
Note: On Android devices with 7.0, the HP Print Service Plugin has switched on automatically after installation. Move to the step to Print with the HP Print Service Plugin.
- If this is the first time you installed the HP Print Service Plugin, you can swipe down the home screen to display the notification dashboard, and then find HP Inc. service installed.
- If you update the HP officejet 5740 Print Service Plugin, select Settings , and then select More, More networks, more settings, or NFC and sharing, and then select Print or Printing.
- Select HP Inc. service installed or HP Inc. and then select On. Switch off any other print service plugins, if required.
- Your Android device is now ready to print using the HP Print Service Plugin.
Step 3: Print with the HP Print Service Plugin
Print documents, photos, emails, or web pages from your Android device. NOTE: Menus, icons, and the location of the print settings may vary based on Android version and device manufacturer.
- Open the item you want to print, select the menu icon , and then select Print. A print preview screen displays.
- Next to Select an HP printer, select the down arrow to view the HP printer list, and then select your 123 hp officejet 5740 printer:
- To print over a network, click HP [your printer model name] from the list of available printers.
- To print over Wi-Fi Direct, click DIRECT-xx-HP [your printer model name] from the list of available printers. Press the down arrow to change any print settings, and then select the Print/icon.
Rectifying Slow Print Errors On Your 123 HP officejet 5740 Printer
If you notice that prints are produced at a lower speed than usual on your HP printer, use the steps given below to resolve your error.
Step 1: Reset your printer
Resetting your printer can help resolve multiple errors on your printer
- If not already on, switch on your printer by pressing the Power button.
- Before you proceed, wait for the printer to become idle.
- With the printer switched on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- After a while, plug the power cord back into place and reconnect the cord into an electrical outlet.
- Note: Do not use extensions when connecting the power cord to a supply outlet on the wall. It is recommended that you connect directly.
- Reconnect the hp officejet 5740 printer with the power cable.
- If the printer does not automatically switch on, switch it on by pressing the Power button.
- The cartridge may move at this point or the printer may make some noise. This is normal.
- Try to print, if the error persists proceed with troubleshooting.
Step 2: Change the driver settings for your 123 hp officejet 5740 printer
Check the driver settings of your 123 hp officejet printer. Choosing Best under Paper Quality can cause sluggish prints. Choose Normal or Draft mode for swift prints.
- Open Devices and Printers under Windows. Locate the name of your printer and double click on the icon.
- Click on the tab Set Preferences to open it. Open the Paper Type Information tab.
- Under Paper Type Area, check if Plain Paper is chosen.
- Under Quality Settings, choose Normal or Draft mode as paper quality.
- Save the changes you made by clicking on OK and close the Devices and Printers window. Try and print.
- If the print is still slow, continue troubleshooting.
Step 3: Uninstall the printer driver
Using the tool Uninstall a Program, remove or uninstall the printer software. After uninstalling the current software on your printer, you will be able to download the latest updated software for your printer.
- If the computer and the printer have been connected by means of a USB, disconnect the same.
- Open Programs and Features under Windows and check the list of all installed programs on your computer.
- Locate and select the name of your 123 hp officejet 5740 printer and click on Uninstall.
- Use the instructions displayed on the screen to uninstall the software.
- After the uninstallation is complete, restart your computer.
Step 4: Reinstall the printer driver
After successfully uninstalling the printer driver, open our customer support webpage on your browser and use the instruction provided to
Step 5: Check for available updates for the printer firmware
Check our customer support webpage to see if there are any updates available for the firmware of your printer. Caution: Do not use the printer when an update is in progress.
- Switch on your printer and connect it to the computer over a Wireless network or by means of USB.
- Open your browser and login to our customer support webpage.
- Enter the name and model number of your hp officejet 5740 printer in the required field.
- If necessary, enter the operating system as well.
- Click on Firmware and then select Download.
- Check if the serial number of your hp officejet 5740 printer is displayed in the Window that opens.
- If you can locate your printer model number, click Update.
- If you cannot locate your hp officejet 5740 printer model number and if the Update icon is grayed out, that means there are no updates currently available for your printer.
- If the name or model number of your printer is not displayed, reconnect your printer using a USB and wait for a few seconds.
- Click on the Refresh icon.
- After installing the updates, click on OK.
- If you used a USB cable to connect your printer and computer, disconnect it now.
- Open Windows and search for devices and printers.
- Select Devices and Printers from the list of results displayed.
- Choose your printer by right clicking on it And then select Remove Device.
- Restart your computer and printer after ensuring that the USB connection has been removed.
- If your problem persists, proceed to the next step.
Step 6: Check the network status of your printer if your printer is connected over a Wired or Wireless network
If you use a network connected printer, errors on the network may also cause slow or sluggish prints. Check the network for possible errors and troubleshoot the same.
- Click on the Wireless icon provided in your task bar to check the strength of your signal.
- If the signal strength seems low, move the router closer to your 123 hp officejet 5740 printer.
- All running downloads or streaming services on your network must be disabled temporarily.
- These can cause strain on your network and the speed varies based on the router bandwidth.
- If you use an Ethernet cable, ensure that the connections are securely plugged in.
- Unplug the power cord of your printer and plug it back in after a while to restart it.
- Additional tips to follow:
- If you use a USB cable to connect your 123 hp officejet 5740 printer and computer, try using a different USB cable. The error may be resolved.
- Do not use a cable that is too long or broken or improperly shielded.
- Certain printer models do not print if more than one cartridge is installed.
- Check if your printer falls under this category and remove any one cartridge.
- But be aware that using a single cartridge can also cause slow print speed.