123 HP Officejet 6600 Windows Update
HP Officejet 6600 Printer does not print after upgrading to Windows 10
The steps given in this document can be used for printers enabled on Windows 10. If your HP officejet 6600 printer does not print after getting upgraded to Windows 10, fix the error using the instructions given in this document.
Step 1. Check if all the updates have been setup
- Click the Windows logo on your desktop and open Change Device Installation. Click on Yes in the window titled Change Device Installation
- Device Installation Settings window. Search for updates on Windows and install if available.
- Choose the option Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, wait for it to be installed.
- Switch off and switch on your PC.
- Proceed to print and see if the error has been rectified.
- If all updates have been installed: Restart your system. Try printing to see if the error is resolved.
Note: If an error message was displayed during the update installation, open Device Manager and delete any unknown printers from the list.
Step 2. Use HP Print and Scan Doctor to check if Firewall is preventing an update.
The HP Print and Scan Doctor is free feature provided by HP that can diagnose and detect print related errors. The information given here will tell you how to use the tool and automatically troubleshoot errors.
- Open the HP Print and Scan Doctor link on your browser and download it.
- Open the Downloads folder on your system and locate the downloaded file to install it.
- Select your 123 hp officejet 6600 printer, click on Next after the HP Print and Scan Doctor is installed.
- In the window that opens, click on Fix Printing.
- A list of results will be displayed:
- A green checkmark indicates the printer has passed the test.
- An exclamation mark indicates the printer has failed the test.
- A red X mark means the issue can be rectified by using the instructions provided.
- If error persists, click on Network and then Troubleshoot Firewall.
- Choose the Firewall software that displays the status message Enabled.
- Inactivate the software by clicking on Deactivate.
- Try and print.
- IF prints are successful, refer our webpage for information on adding your hp officejet 6600 printer as an exception to establish a communication between the printer and computer.
- Add the following ports as exceptions on your Firewall: 137,138,161,162,427 UDP ports and 137, 139, 427, 9100 and 9500 TCP ports.
- If the error is still not rectified, the problem is not being caused by Firewall.
- So, enable Firewall under the HP Print and Scan Doctor and proceed further.
Step 3. Ensure that Print Spooler is enabled and functional
This software lets you keep print jobs in queue by temporarily storing it and printing one at a time. Open Windows and open the Control Panel. Open the View Local Services option from the list of options displayed.
- Locate printer spooler and if the status is blank, right click on it and select Start.
- If the status is displayed as running, right click on Print Spooler and restart it.
- Try and print. If the error is not resolved, proceed further.
Step 4. Check the printer status
This step will demonstrate how to regulate the default settings for your printer using the hardware management tools. Open Windows and locate Printers and Scanners.
- The Let Windows manage my default printer setting must be enabled to let Windows manage the printer you used last.
- Managing default printer setting in Windows 10
- Click on the name of your hp officejet 6600 printer and select Manage to check printer status and other features like properties and preferences.
Step 5. Uninstall the printer software
- Remove any USB cable connected to your printer. Use the Windows Search button and locate Programs and Features.
- From the list of installed programs that opens, select your printer and click on Uninstall.
- Using the guides given on screen to uninstall the printer software. Switch off your system and switch it on after a few seconds.
Step 6. Reinstall the printer software
- Switch on the printer. Remove any USB cable connected on your printer.
- Search our webpage for your printer model and locate the corresponding driver and software
- It is recommended by HP that you download the Full Feature software. If unavailable download the Basic Driver.
Step 7. Restart both the computer and printer
- Switch off your printer. Connect the printer power cord directly to a power outlet without employing extensions or surge protectors.
- Shut down all programs running on your computer and shut down your system. After some time, switch on both your computer and printer.
- IF the error is still not remedied on your printer, continue troubleshooting.
Step 8. Print using a USB connection
- Even if you have a wireless enabled printer, connect it using USB and attempt to print.
- If the print job is successful, then the fault lies in the wireless connection you use.
- A temporary solution would be to use the USB connection to print using your 123 hp officejet 6600 printer.
Open our customer support webpage on your browser and enter the printer model number in the required field. Look for the document pertaining to rectifying the printer offline on Windows error. If you still have difficulties using your printer or if the printer produces prints of poor quality, call our technical experts on the toll free number provided.