Fix HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge Error
An HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge Error message may sometimes be displayed during a print job after the print cartridge has been installed. The error message displayed may be similar or identical to the ones mentioned below based on the printer model. These are some commonly displayed error messages with respect to ink cartridges. Given below is a general guideline to resolve cartridge errors.
Check any HP 6960 Ink Cartridge for Damage
- Take out the cartridges from the cartridge access slot and inspect them carefully for ink build up or physical damage of any sort or if the protective tape on the electrical contacts.
- These are factors that can influence the functioning of the ink cartridge thereby cause the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge Error on it.
- Open the cartridge access door on your printer and wait for the carriage to become silent or idle. Take out the ink cartridges from their slots carefully.
- In the search field, enter the model number of your printer and look for Replacing Ink Cartridges.
- Certain cartridges from HP instant ink are a little longer than the regular ink cartridges.
- The HP instant ink cartridge will stick out on one end as compared to the normal cartridges.
- This is not a cause of worry since HP printers are designed to function with larger cartridges as well.
Use Standard HP 6960 Ink Cartridge
- Check if the ink cartridge has any physical damage such as punctures or holes or cracks.
- Check the electrical contacts or the on your cartridge for debris or ink build up.
- The protective tape is not provided on all cartridges.
Removing any HP 6960 tape
Important:Make sure that you do not handle the electrical contacts on the nozzle. These parts are sensitive and handling them can cause clogs or poor electrical connections or ink failure.
- If the cartridge has no physical damage or ink build up or on the protective tapes, replace the cartridge into the cartridge access slot and close the cartridge access door.
- Try to print and if the HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge error is not resolved, continue troubleshooting.
Troubleshooting HP 6960 Ink Cartridge Error
- If you do not find any damage to the ink cartridge in your HP printer, ink buildup, or protective tape on the contacts, reinsert the removed ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door. If the problem exists, continue to the next step.
- If you find protective tape on the contacts, remove the protective tape, reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door. Continue with the next step.
- If you identify any ink buildup or debris on the contacts, reinsert the ink cartridges, and then close the ink cartridge access door. For the instructions to clean the contacts, go to the website. Enter your HP printer model, and then search for it.
- If you find any damage to the ink cartridge such as cracks or punctures, reinsert the ink cartridges, or if the issue exists, close the ink cartridge access door, and then contact the device manufacturer for ink cartridge replacement to fix this HP Officejet Pro 6960 Ink Cartridge Error