123 HP Officejet Pro 8740 Eprint Setup – Using the HP ePrint App to Print from a Mobile Device
Use the HP ePrint app for Android and Apple iOS devices to print your photos, documents, web pages, emails, or print from cloud services. The HP ePrint app is a mobile application that allows you to print to any supported HP Officejet pro 8740 printer that is on the same local Wi-Fi network as your mobile device and to cloud-connected HP printers. HP ePrint is a cloud-based service that lets you email the document or photo you want to print directly to an HP web-enabled printer from anywhere with an active Internet connection.
Step 1: Verify the requirements
Before installing the HP ePrint app, ensure the HP printer and your mobile device meet the following requirements:
- The HP printer hardware is set up.
- The HP printer is connected to the same wireless network as your mobile device.
- You have an Android device running OS 4.0 or later or an Apple iPad, iPhone.
Step 2: Installation of an HP ePrint app
Install the HP ePrint app on your Android smartphone or tablet.
- From your mobile device, open the Wi-Fi settings and ensure you are connected to the wireless network.
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the Google Play Store.
- When prompted, click your usage data preferences, and then select done.
- The HP ePrint app home screen displays.
- Select Grant permission, and then select Add Cloud Account, or Add Email Account, and follow the displayed instruction to allow the app access to your files, photos, social media and cloud accounts.
Install the HP ePrint app on your Apple iOS device
Install the HP ePrint app on your Apple iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- On your mobile device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure you are connected to the wireless network.
- Download and install the HP ePrint app from the App Store.
- Once the app installs, a Welcome to HP ePrint screen displays.
- On the Welcome to HP ePrint screen, select Activate Now or Skip.
- If you skip activation, choose your usage data collection option, and then select done.
- Enter your email address in the Activate using your email box, and then select Activate.
- The HP ePrint service sends you an email containing an Activation Code.
- Verify your email, and then note the Personal Identification Number (PIN) code in the email sent from the HP ePrint service.
- Return to the HP ePrint app, and then type the code. And then tap Activate.
- Type the code, and then select Activate, or select Settings , type the code, and then select Activate.
- When prompted, select your usage data preferences, and then select done. The HP ePrint app detects any HP printers on the network.
- Select your HP printer.
Step 3: Print with the HP ePrint app
Print documents, photos, email, and web pages all through the app, or print from cloud services such as Dropbox and Google Drive. NOTE:To print a file that is not .jpg, .png or .pdf format, the HP ePrint app must be activated on your Android device. Follow the on-screen instructions to activate the app.