Installation of 123.hp.com/setup 3720 Printer Setup
- HP Deskjet 3720 Driver Download
- HP Deskjet 3720 Driver Installation
- HP Deskjet 3720 Wireless Setup
- HP Deskjet 3720 Ink Cartridge Error
- HP Deskjet 3720 Paper Jam Error
HP Deskjet 3720 Printer Setup
HP Deskjet 3720 Driver Download
- Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 printer
- If the connection between printer and computer is done by using a USB cable, unplug it.
- Go to our website for Software and Driver Downloads.
- Choose a method to identify the printer model, if needed and then go to the download page.
- Select Download which is next to the full feature driver (if mentioned), or select Basic Driver for some other options.
HP Deskjet 3720 Driver Installation
- For HP Deskjet 3720 Driver Installation, we have to know the network name SSID,Security passphrase (WPA or WEP key
- Note: Installation of your HP printer can be done by using a wireless connection, it does not need Internet access. Wireless-capable printer: During installation, make sure the printer and computer are placed close to each other.
- Ensure that the printer, router, and computer are switched on, and the computer and printer are connected to the same wireless network. Unplug the USB cable from the printer.
- If required: If you have already installed using an USB connection software and now you need to alter it to a wireless network connection, then delete the USB installation before you proceed.
- Search for the model of your printer in Windows, and then select your printer name in the list of results. The printer software gets started.
- Select Utilities, and then choose Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- Based on your Windows version, select Convert a USB connected printer wireless or Connect a new printer.
- The on-screen instructions are to be followed to finish the connection. If the printer set up is done on the wireless network, then there is no need to proceed with the following steps.
HP Deskjet 3720 Wireless Setup
- Find your printer model in Windows, and then select your printer name in the listed results.
- It opens the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 printer software.
- Select Utilities, and choose Printer Setup & Software Selection.
- In case if you have installed using USB connection software and now you need to change it to a wireless network connection, the already installed USB software can be deleted before proceeding.
- In order to finish the connection, follow the on page instructions in the windows system.
HP Deskjet 3720 Ink Cartridge Error
Removing HP 3720 Cartridges
- At times the cartridge might not have completed electrical contact with the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 printer.
- Switch on the printer. Unseal the cartridge cover.
- You can proceed only after the printer is idle and silent.
- Hold down on the end of the cartridge to release it.
- Note: It is very important that you remove the cartridge when indicated by the blinking light or error message.
- To remove the cartridge pull it out of the slot towards you.
- Caution: Do not remove both the cartridges at the same time. Clean the cartridges one at a time.
- It is important that you do not leave a cartridge outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- Unplug the power cord from the back side of the printer and then unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Inspecting HP 3720 Cartridges
- If the cartridges are damaged replace them with new, genuine HP 123.hp.com/setup 3720 cartridge.
- Caution: Never touch the copper-colored electrical contacts or the ink nozzles.
- Check if there is any debris on the copper-colored electrical contacts.
- Ensure that no protective tape is on the cartridge.
- Check if the number on the cartridge label is compatible with the printer.
- In case the cartridge is not compatible with your printer, replace your cartridge.
- If the cartridge is compatible with your printer, proceed to the next step.
Cleaning HP 3720 Electrical Contacts
- Collect the following materials.
- Soft materials like dry foam rubber swabs, lint-free cloth that will not come apart or leave fibers. Coffee filters can also be used.
- It is best to use distilled, filtered or bottled water rather than tap water as it might contain contaminants that can damage the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 cartridges.
- Caution: Never use alcohol to clean the cartridge contacts. These might damage the cartridge or the printer. Grasp the cartridge by its sides.
- Immerse a clean foam-rubber swab or lint-free cloth into distilled water, and then squeeze the excess water from it.
- Slowly wipe the copper-colored contacts with the swab. Keep doing this with new swabs until no ink residue or debris appears on the swab.
- Clean the copper-colored electrical contacts quickly and make sure the cartridge is not outside the printer for more than 30 minutes.
- If the cartridge is outside the printer for too long, the ink might dry and clog the nozzles.
- Clean the contacts in the carriage.
- You can either let the cartridge sit for 10 minutes to allow the cleaned area to dry, or use a new swab to dry it. Follow the same steps to clean the contacts on the other cartridge.
Reinstalling HP 3720 Cartridges
- Position the cartridge with the HP logo facing up. Gently push the cartridge into the slot. Install the tri-color cartridge (marked with a triangle) and the black cartridge (marked with a square or pentagon) into their respective slots with the matching icon.
- Push the cartridge forward into the slot until it clicks into place. Close the cover of the printer. Plug back the power cord to the back of the printer, and then connect the power cord into the wall outlet. Switch on the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 printer.
HP Deskjet 3720 Paper Jam Error
- Switch off the printer.Unplug the USB cable from the backside of the printer.
- The power cord is to be unplugged from the backside of the printer.
- Warning: Unplug the power cord before touching the printer inside to avoid the risk of injuries or electric shock.Take out all the loose sheets of paper from the input tray.
- If there is an existence of foreign materials like paper clips or some other objects that may have fallen inside in the input tray then remove all of it. Note: A flashlight is required to view the area.
- Move the pick mechanism found inside the input tray to take out the foreign items found.
- Caution: Make sure that there are no foreign items which remain inside the input tray and this will cause paper jams or damage to the printer.
- Loose sheets of paper or foreign materials from the output tray should be taken out.
- Slightly turn the printer and rest it on its bottom side, so that the backside should be facing you.
- Caution: Tilting of printer should not be done totally upside down because ink leaking may occur at times from the cartridges.
- In order to open the clean out door press-in both of the tabs which are at the bottom side of the printer. Take out if there is any paper jam or foreign materials that are inside the printer.
- Note: While taking out the paper if it gets torn, check inside the printer if there are any torn pieces of paper that stay inside the printer, which might cause paper jams.
- Close the clean out door by pushing the door forward till it clicks into its place. Slightly turn the printer to its normal position.
- Foreign objects may get shifted while turning the printer so look inside the input tray and then take out the found foreign objects.
- Turn on the printer and try to print. If the issue still persists, service the 123.hp.com/setup 3720 Printer setup.