First time 123.hp.com/envy5640 Printer Setup
- HP Envy 5640 ePrint
- HP Envy 5640 Wireless Direct
- HP Envy 5640 Windows update
- HP Envy 5640 Print Speed handling
- HP Envy 5640 Printer Troubleshooting
HP Envy 5640 Driver Download and Installation
This 123.hp.com/envy5640 document supports both Mac OS and OS X. You can download the printer driver for your Mac and install it from the Downloads folder.
HP Envy 5640 Driver Download
You can download the full featured print driver download or HP Easy Start guided installation app from the download page depending on your printer and version of the operating system you use. Both provide you the best driver for your printer.
- Kindly follow the instructions below to download the print driver from HP official websites
- Once the download is completed, you can proceed to Install the printer driver.
- Ensure that you have an active Internet connection. Or else you can’t download the printer driver though HP Easy Smart is opened.
If you are prompted type your printer model, kindly include it and then check whether the operating the system version is correct. Under Driver-Product Installation Software, depending on the displayed options, press Download next to HP Easy Start or next to the full feature print driver. The printer driver download is saved to the Downloads folder.
HP Envy 5640 Driver Installation
At the time of installation, if you are prompted to select a connection type, select either the USB or Wireless or Wired based on your connection preference and your printer option to finish the installation process.
- To start the installation open the Downloads folder, and then open the HP Easy Start file or the full featured print driver.dmg file.
- To set up the printer connection and to install the printer driver the displayed instructions should be followed.
- Click Add Printer to create a print queue on the Mac when you are prompted to do so.
- The Add Window is opened now.
- Choose the name of your printer, and then press Use or Print Using menu.
- You can now choose the name of your 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer in the pop-up menu, then tap Add.
- To complete the installation return to the HP installer.
HP Envy 5640 Printer Functions
You can print a document or photo with the 123.hp.com/envy5640 Printer to produce high quality text and images. To print a document or image your computer needs to be connected to a printer. The below given instructions will guide you on how to print a document using HP envy 5640 Printer.
Copying of text and images with high accuracy can be done using HP envy 5640. The copy menu on the front panel of your HP envy 5640 will allow you to select the number of copies, color and size. You will need to install the associated software to copy a document from your HP Printer..
HP Envy 5640 Print Technologies
Using HP ePrint app, you can print text or images on any HP ePrint enabled printer. If you are using an HP envy 5640 Printer that supports network printing, you can make use of an HP eprint app to print documents and pictures right from your smartphone, tablets, and PCs.
HP wireless direct is a feature that will allow your Wi-Fi capable devices such as smartphones, tablets, or computers to enable wireless network connection directly to your HP envy 5640 Printer without the use of a wireless router or any access point.
HP Envy 5640 Duplex Printing
- Load the paper into the printer tray. To print a document, open your document click print from the file menu.
- Click on the button that opens the properties dialog box which will vary according to your software application.
- Select the orientation on the layout tab. Under printing shortcut tab, Select two-sided printing or print on both sides from the tab.
- You can select the paper type you require and in the quality settings area, you can select the print quality.
- To make further settings in 123.hp.com/envy5640 Printer, click advanced from the paper size drop down list.
HP Envy 5640 Speed Handling
- 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer Roffers cost-effective and highly impressive printing from virtually anywhere.
- With envy 5640, you can produce borderless, photo-lab like photos and laser-sharp documents from any mobile device or tablet.
- It offers print speeds of up to 7 pages per minute for black & white prints and prints up to 4 pages per minute for color prints.
- You can save paper and time with its duplex printing feature.
- You can print wirelessly from anywhere with this HP printer.
Print With HP envy 5640 Wireless Direct
If your HP Printer fails to print using HP wireless direct, you can follow the below guidelines to print wirelessly from a computer, smart phone, tablet, or other. Make sure your computer or mobile device has installed the appropriate software. If you are using a mobile device, ensure you have installed a compatible printing app to your device.
- Make certain HP wireless direct is turned on in the 123.hp.com/envy5640 printer.
- HP wireless direct can be used while the HP envy 5640 printer is also connected to a computer using USB cable or connected to a network using a wireless connection.
Signing In To Your HP Instant Ink Account
HP Instant Ink is an ink cartridge replacement service.You can enroll your HP Instant Ink capable printer in an HP Instant Ink plan.
- If you have already enrolled your HP printer with the HP Instant Ink service.
- You can sign in to your HP Instant Ink account directly
- To view your account information.
- If you are not signed in already.
- You can go to hpinstantink.com/sign in which is an HP Connected website.
- Sign in to your HP Instant Ink account.
HP Envy 5640 Troubleshooting
- To check ink or toner cartridge compatibility or to purchase replacement cartridge, you can visit HP Sure Supply.
- You can order for new cartridges if your current cartridges are not satisfactory or check cartridge compatibility with your HP printer.
- Open the cartridge door. Remove the ink cartridge from its slot.
- Take off the protective tapes if any on the nozzles.
- Insert the new cartridge.
- Close the lid.
- Make sure you install all the appropriate updates on your computer.
- If not search for change device installation settings in the search windows bar.
- From the displayed results, Click change device installation settings.
- From change device installation settings window of 123.hp.com/envy5640, you have to click yes (recommended) button. Then click check for updates option.
- If you find updates available on the screen. Then wait for the computer to install them and then try to print
- If the computer is up to date, then try printing once you restart your computer
HP Envy 5640 Printing Blank Pages
Try checking the estimated ink levels and replace any low or empty cartridges. To check estimated ink levels
- From the control panel home screen of your HP envy 5640 Printer, touch the Right Arrow.
- Touch Ink, so that the current ink levels will be displayed.
- From the control panel home screen of your HP envy 5640 Printer touch the Right Arrow, and then touch the Setup icon. Touch Tools icon->Clean Print head. It cleans the print head and 123.hp.com/envy5640 prints a test page.