123 HP Sprocket Photo Printer App
Instructions to be Followed to Print With Android Mobile Devices:
- Place the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper into the input tray of your HP Sprocket printer.
- To proceed with the print job, touch the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App on your mobile home screen and open.
- Tap on the Camera icon from your mobile’s home screen, and continue with the instructions on the mobile screen. This allows the HP Sprocket app to authenticate and provide access to the instant photos clicked on your camera if needed.
- Take a photo with your mobile camera and make the print preview screen display on it with the options provided.
- If you want to change or modify the photo settings such as appearance, applying filters or adding text or stickers on your photo gallery if required, tap on the Edit icon to implement it.
- Cross check if the tick mark on the Check mark icon is enabled to save any necessary changes made, and then tap on the Print icon to print your photo.
- A message Sending to the printer is displayed confirming that the print process is in progress.
The Instructions Below Will Help You to Print a Saved Photo Using the HP Sprocket App:
- On the HP Sprocket printer’s input tray, mount the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper.
- To continue with the print job, open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App by tapping the Sprocket app icon on your mobile device home screen.
- Access the photos on your mobile gallery by touching its icon that appears in the name of Photos or icon that is located on the home screen.
- Follow the instructions on your mobile screen and allow the Sprocket app to access your photo library and camera if at all essential.
- Tap on the photo you wish to print that takes you to the print preview screen before you confirm the photo print.
- Change or modify the photo settings in terms of appearance, applying filters or adding text or stickers by touching the Edit icon if there is a necessity.
- Tap with a tick that is next to the Check mark icon to save the changes made if any, and then tap the Print option on its icon to provide a photo print.
- To ensure that the print job is in progress, the Sending to printer message displays on your mobile device.
Continue the Instructions Below to Print a Photo Directly Using Your Social Media Account:
- Insert the printer with HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper into the input tray.
- To start on with the photo print process, touch and open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App.
- Access your social media accounts like Facebook, Instagram, or Flickr icon from your mobile’s home screen.
- Sign in into your media account using the Sign in option. Select the printable photo and immediately the print preview window is displayed on your mobile screen.
- Tap on the Edit icon to amend the resolution of the photo, add text or stickers, or apply filters, if essential.
- If the printing process is on the go, check if the message Sending to the printer is displayed on your mobile screen that completes the photo print.
Print From iOS Devices:
Follow the instructions below to take a photo on your iOS mobile device and print with your HP Sprocket Photo Printer App:
- Mount the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper inside the printer’s input tray.
- Tap the HP Sprocket app and open it to start up with the printing process.
- From your iOS home screen, tap the Camera icon to allow access for the app to navigate through your mobile photos.
- Proceed the instructions displayed on your Apple screen for further steps.
- Click on the photo for printing and it displays a print preview screen.
- By tapping the Edit icon make the required changes for your photo’s appearance, adding text or stickers, and applying filters, which are optional.
- Tap the Check mark icon to save the changes made if any, and then touch to print on the Print icon.
- If your mobile device displays a message Sending to the printer,
- Then the printing procedure is in progress and verify the same.
Follow the Instructions Below to Print a Saved Photo From Your iOS Device:
- Place the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper into the printer’s input tray.
- Initiate the print job by opening the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App. To open it, touch the icon of the app.
- Tap the Photos icon from your iOS mobile device’s home screen.
- Authenticate access to the app and navigate through your photos, follow the mobile screen prompts if required.
- Select the photo you wish to print and tap on it. Preview the output of the print on preview screen when displayed.
- Tap the Edit icon to change the photo’s appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters, if needed.
- If you wish to save the changes you have made, tap the Check mark icon, and then tap the Print icon to print.
- A Sending to printer message appears on your mobile screen verifying that the print is in progress.
Deliver the Instructions Below to Print a Photo From Your Social Media Account:
- Place the HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper in the printer’s input tray.
- Open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App that launches the printing process.
- Tap the Facebook, Instagram, or Flickr icon from your mobile’s home screen.
- Tap on the Sign in the option to access photos from your social media account.
- Select the photo you wish to print and check if the print preview screen appears.
- Tap the Edit icon to adjust the photo’s appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters if required.
- Tap the Check mark icon to save any changes, and then touch the Print icon.
- When the Sending to printer message appears on your mobile screen, the printer is awaiting the print output.
Instructions to Follow If the HP Sprocket App Crashes:
The document below is provided to troubleshoot the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App crashing issue. Follow the set of instructions to reinstall your HP Sprocket app: Sometimes the HP Sprocket app does not respond or stops working without warning. In such case find the recommended bullets below provided for your information.
- When you turn on your HP Sprocket Photo printer, it turns off automatically after a period of 5 minutes, which is an inbuilt setting of the printer.
- To change this turn off setting, touch the HP Sprocket app on your mobile device to open it and follow the next step.
- On the Sprocket app, touch Sprocket and then touch the option Auto off to disable the turn off setting. Choose when you wish to turn the printer off.
- At this stage, we recommend you to reboot your mobile device.
- Because turning off and turning on your mobile device may help fix the Sprocket app crash issue.
- If you have not updated your HP Sprocket app when advised by your mobile system. Look for an update on the Google Play Store or App Store.
- Go to the Google Play Store, search the HP Sprocket app and tap on it.
- It will display you two options if you have any latest versions or changes to be updated on your downloaded HP Sprocket Photo Printer App.
- Update and Uninstall are the options available for your HP Sprocket app. Click on Update and follow the screen prompts to complete the update.
- Confirm if your printer requires a firmware software update.
- The firmware update has to go only through the HP Sprocket app that is available on your mobile device.
- Before you proceed with the update, ensure that your mobile device has an Internet connection and it is enabled and active.
- Then touch to open the HP Sprocket Photo Printer App to find out if it displays a firmware update for your Sprocket printer on the screen.
- Follow the prompts on your mobile screen to complete the HP Sprocket firmware update.
- The next troubleshooting step would be updating the software of your mobile device.
- Before you initiate the software update, we recommend you to check if your mobile device requires a software update.
- This can be done by tapping the settings icon on your mobile phone and then touch the About device or system option.
- Observe if the device’s operating system is the latest version and click on Update to continue the update process.
- Reach our technical support team for any kind of HP Sprocket Photo printer related issues and if you are unable to rectify the above issue as well.
- If the issue still persists even after updating your mobile software, we recommend you to contact your mobile device manufacturer or customer support to know about the operating system update and the versions related to it.