123 HP Pagewide 556dn Printer
- 123 HP Pagewide 556dn Printer Specification
- 123 HP Pagewide 556dn Wireless Setup
- 123 HP Pagewide 556dn Mac update
- 123 HP Pagewide 556dn Ink Cartridge handling
- 123 HP Pagewide 556dn Printer Troubleshoot
123 HP Pagewide 556dn Printer Specification
- Operating system support: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7; OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion, OS X v10.9 Mavericks, OS X v10.10 Yosemite.
- Connectivity and Mobile printing capability: Wireless, wireless direct, ePrint, AirPrint.
- Printing method: HP PageWide Technology with pigmented inks
- Print speed: Up to 50 ppm
- Duplex printing: Automatic (Standard)
123 HP Pagewide 556dn Printer Troubleshooting
HP PageWide 556dn Printers – Setup, install and configure AirPrint
By making use of AirPrint, you can easily print wirelessly from an iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac computer to the HP PageWide 556dn printers.
Checking compatibility by using AirPrint
- Ensure that you have an AirPrint-compatible printer. Ensure that you have an Apple device that makes use of AirPrint.
- Mac computers that function using Mac OS X Lion (v10.7) and latest versions. Note: AirPrint does not support Mac OS versions 10.6 and before.
- iOS devices that function using iOS 4.2 or later (iPhone 3GS or later, iPad and iPod touch third generation or later). Ensure that AirPrint makes use of the applications that you have.
- AirPrint works by making use of Mac computers in all application that helps printing. iOS devices work by using AirPrint in the following types of application.
- Mail, Photos, Pdfs in iBooks, Safari, and Third party apps that has built-in printing.
- Go to AirPrint Compatible Mobile Apps, to get a list of apps that support Apple’s AirPrint. By printing a configuration page, ensure that the AirPrint is available in the firmware.
- In case if AirPrint is listed below Installed Personalities and Options, then in the firmware AirPrint is available. Go to Connect the Apple device to the same wireless network like the printer. In case if the AirPrint is not listed below, then update the firmware. Go to the next close.
Updating the printer firmware
- Few printers need a firmware update to support AirPrint.
- In case if you have an HP PageWide 556dn printer, ensure that you have the latest firmware version.
- For instructions, go to update firmware by making use of a USB flash drive or the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
Connecting the Apple device to the same wireless network like the printer.
Using AirPrint, the printer need to be connected to the same wireless network subnet like the Apple iOS device (laptops can be connected by using either the wireless connection or wired (Ethernet) connection).
- Note: A USB connection is not supported in AirPrint.
- In case if the connection is made via USB to a Mac computer,
- AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule, the try to make use of the software which is created for the printer for Mac OS Lion (v10.7) or later instead of using AirPrint.
- Switch on the printer and ensure that the printer is in ready state.
- Ensure that the connection is established to a wireless network.
- Note: AirPrint does not support a USB connection.
- Ensure that the iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch, or Mac computer is connected to the same network wirelessly like the printer.
- Note: Laptops can be connected either by using wired (Ethernet) or wireless connection.
123 HP PageWide 556dn Printers – Wireless Setup
In case if Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is not supported by your wireless router, then search for the wireless router network settings from the system administrator, or the following tasks is to be finished.
- The name of the wireless network or service set identifier (SSID) is obtained.
- Find out the security password or encryption key for your wireless network.
- Note: Before the installation of your printer software, ensure that the printer is not connected to any network which is making use of an Ethernet cable.
Connecting the printer to a wireless network by making use of Wireless Setup Wizard
- The control panel is started. Touch on the control panel window.
- Select Network Setup, and then select Wireless Settings. Choose Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The available networks are scanned for the printers and gives you a list of network names (SSIDs).
- Choose the SSID for your wireless router from the list of results, if it is available.
- In case if you are unable to find the SSID for your wireless router in the list, select Enter SSID.
- If needed for the security type, choose the option which is used by your wireless router. A keypad starts on the control panel window.
- In case if WPA security is used by your wireless router, enter the passphrase on the keypad.
- In case if WEP security is used by your wireless router, enter the key on the keypad.
- Select OK, and stay till the printer and wireless router connection is established. This connection establishment may take few minutes.
123 HP Pagewide 556dn Ink Cartridge Troubleshooting
The printer generally has two sets of ink cartridges in the order C1K1Y1M1-C2K2Y2M2, each with a capacity of 775ml. When one cartridge is used at a time the other cartridge is inactive until needed and can be changed while printing continues.
- Below each ink cartridge, the printer has two different LED indicators: a padlock and an ink drop.
- Usually ink cartridges do not require any maintenance or cleaning, but must be shaken prior to installation.
- Even when the ink level is low high quality printing is maintained.
- The status of each cartridge is displayed in the front panel: OK: The cartridge is functioning properly.
- Reset: The cartridge is not responding, removing and putting it back might solve the problem. Replace: The cartridge is faulty. It should be replaced by a functional cartridge.
- Low on ink: The ink is low in the cartridge and the cartridge should be replaced.
- Very low on ink: The cartridge is very low on ink. It should be replaced as soon as possible. Empty: The cartridge has no ink at all. It should be replaced very soon.
- Missing: The cartridge is not found.Wrong/Incompatible/Incorrect: The cartridge type is not compatible for this printer.
- Expired: The cartridge has reached its date of expiry. Altered: The cartridge has either been identified as refilled or altered.
You can replace a cartridge at any time when its padlock LED goes off. If the padlock LED is on, you must hold the job queue and wait until the LED turns off.
- Go to the front panel and press, then go to the Ink cartridges tab and select Replace.
- In case a cartridge runs out of ink, the printer will automatically try to switch to the other cartridge of the same color, after which you can replace the empty cartridge without any interruption to printing.
- In case the ink cartridge you want to replace is locked, you will need to temporarily stop the job queue to continue.
- When prompted, press the old cartridge and slide up to release it.
- Before inserting, shake the new cartridge six times.
- Insert the new cartridge and push it in as far as it will go.
- Try to follow the instructions in the front panel.
- Once you have replaced all cartridges that you want to replace, press Finish and check.
- If the available ink is completely over while printing a page, printing stops and the page is ejected.
- When a new cartridge is loaded, printing can resume, and the interrupted page is reprinted completely.